Pride (pt5): The Hidden McDonald's

Was this a date?

I pondered on the thought, running my fingers through Sol's hair, his phone in my hand.
The sun scorched so hot that if I wasn't sitting under a tree, I would've burned to death.

You looked gorgeous as ever, reading one of my many writing projects. The light bounced of his skin the way it would on crystals, head on my ribs as your eyes squinted in concentration. It was about us: the heartbreak, the memories. It's not like you'd remember -- no one would remember changing someone's life when for them, it was just an ordinary Tuesday.

My life was changed in the most ordinary way: Soleil becoming my friend, my best friend.

"You know, it's like you're destined for greatness or something, Ris." He sighed. "I wish I could write the way you do."
I smiled, trying to swallow my blush. He was my No. #1 fan when it came to my writing and no one could hype me the way he did.
"Nah, you're an even better poet, and no one sounds good recording their singing voice, it's a skill."

We stayed there for a while, under the tree, and I read some of your poems. Maybe I was delusional -- maybe I still am -- but when I read your stories, your poems … I wanted to believe that you wrote them for me, wrote about me.
I shook my head, you got up and held your hand out for me to take.

"Wanna head to that McDonald's?"

"So where is this godforsaken McDonald's that I couldn't find?"
"… You're standing right in front of it."

We were standing on a peachy orange path leading to a tree, not a McDonald's in sight. It was an evergreen, but I never knew much about trees.
I looked at Sol fuming, about to yell but he ignored me, walking and pushing the the branches away.

I rolled my eyes and followed suite, my jaw dropping at the sight.
Lo and behold, we came to a door with a yellow M the size of my head.

A small family walked out, pushing the door and left. I could feel Sol smirking in front of me.
"No McDonald's, huh?"
"Shut up."

Whassup Sunrises and Sunsets,
I know that I haven't been active lately but I want tell you all how much I appreciate y'all.

Please don't forget to vote, comment amd share to your friends, ilysm.
Tell me, what's your favourite song? I've been dying to expand my music knowledge lol.