Midas

Sol

Midas
You've got me thinking 'bout the story
You've everything you ever wanted
But will you ever get to hold me
Doesn't it get lonely

The dorm room was filled with a deep silence, as the lone college student stood at a window, lost in thought. Outside, his peers laughed, their voices and the music drifting upward in a muffled melody. But that was the furthest thing from his mind as the memories of a past lover played in his head like a broken record. His heart ached as he remembered the moments they had once shared, and the way he had hurt them so deeply. He withdrew further into himself, unable to cope with his loneliness and the guilt of knowing he was the reason he was here alone.

But you won't get away with it
No you won't get away with it 'cause I
I look at you, I'm seeing that you're just as lost as I

As midnight approached, the solitude of the room seemed to grow heavier. Sol curled up on the desk, surrounded by the dark, his thoughts still drifting back to the past love. The student's loneliness was growing, consuming him and filling his heart with despair. His eyes wandered around the room, his gaze landing on the picture frame of a happier time, a time when things felt less lonely and dark.

You want to be in my love
Always be in my love
Say that you remember
Feeling the same about me

Midas
You've got me thinking 'bout the legends
You know you'll join them up in heaven
But if you stay with me, no hurry
I will make it worth it

As the silence of the dormitory grew heavier, the student's thoughts turned to his pride which kept him from reaching out. He remembered a time when he was so sure that he didn't need anyone else, that he had everything under control. But he now knew better - he was drowning in his own sorrow, and any attempt to reach out meant admitting defeat and accepting he was not the strong, independent man he had once thought he was. He had to confront his pride, as it had turned his once safe haven of solitude into a prison of despair.

As the student looked around the dorm room, his eyes landed on the untouched school supplies on the table, a stark reminder of the path that had brought him here. He remembered the time when he was the "golden boy," perfectly balanced between his studies, hobbies and his social life. He was the one everyone looked up to, the one they all wanted to be like. But now the pressures of that perfection were weighing heavily on his shoulders, pushing him deeper into solitude. The pressure to be perfect was breaking him.

You want to be young
You want to be in my love
Always be in my love
Say that you remember
Feeling the same about me

And now, the student stared at the photo frame as memories of a happier past flowed into his mind, a past when he wasn't so alone and isolated. The pain of the loss of the person in the photo hung heavy within the walls of the dorm room, making him feel suffocated. It was as if the loneliness was all consuming and would never let go, pulling him deeper into its crushing embrace as he sat alone with his dark thoughts. The student was finding it harder and harder to carry the weight of the past, and with no one to turn to, his mind was beginning to wander to dark places.

As if a mask, the perfectionism he once embraced as an armor had become heavy and oppressive. The pressure of trying to always be flawless, of always having to live up to expectations, of never making a mistake, was beginning to take its toll. It was as if every time a flaw was exposed, it was a reminder to those around him that he was merely human after all, and that he was not the perfect person he desired to be. The weight of the mask was crushing, making the walls of his solitude feel even thicker and harder to break.

The lonely nights passed by like a cruel and unending torture, and the pressure of perfectionism continued to weigh heavily on his mind and soul. The once golden boy was left to deal with the failure to meet his own impossible expectations. Pride and perfectionism had become a burden, and he feared that he would never be able to escape the prison of his own mind. As the nights drew on and loneliness continued to consume him, he felt a weight on his chest, like a shadow that had become so familiar it almost felt like home.

***

Wassup, Sunrises and Sunsets?

I'm finally done with exams, and I figured that we could celebrate by reviving the UAM series!

This means that the hiatus might be over, yes, so don't hesitate to:

1) vote
2) comment (lemme hear about your Spotify wrapped :))
3) share this to other lovesick gays
4) add it to your reading list
5) follow me, maybe? (👉👈🥺)

Either way, hope you enjoy my story.

Your's faithfully,
Ez Adonis