chapter 8.

"Found you!" the voice whispered in your ears

"Found you!" the voice whispered in your ears. Your breath hitched lightly as you turned around to the source of the voice.

There he was...in all his glory. The ones whom you were desperately trying to avoid.

"Gun," you slowly whispered his name with disinterest.

"Still a whiny bitch, I see!" Gun smirked at you, challenging your gaze.

"And here I thought that you would have some decency while we are in public!" You shot back at him. "We don't always get what we want now, do we?" You gave him a sickeningly sweet smile.

Only if your antics could rile him up, but that's a far-fetched thought for now.

"It would've been amazing if you had, you know, stayed on the other side of the ground," you retorted.

"Trust me, I would've loved to do the same," Gun replied, looking away from you and towards the stage. "Boss's daughter wanted to see the fair," he said while pointing towards Crystal, who was posing her resting bitch face that was reserved for the next of the world. She just gave you a look that may or may not translate into, 'I'll talk to you later, so don't you dare to run away from me!'

How the hell were you even able to understand all that?

Daniel appeared on the stage after a while as he was listed as the last item and the crowd went absolutely nuts. His starting bid was 300 dollars, and it was Zoe, who put forth this crazy front first. She was proud of herself for saving nearly 500 dollars for this sole purpose. She will be the one who finally gets Daniel. Right? Right?

"1000," the loud voice of Lala Kim, the famed Queen of Charity Data Auction instantly tilted the stakes against Zoe's favors.

Is there any hope for her and Daniel now?

"2000 dollars!" the entry of Crystal Choi into the bidding ground instantly destroyed all of Zoe's hopes. The crowd around you, Gun, and Crystal instantly burst into whispers. Everyone was just mumbling about either how valuable 2000 dollars is, or how beautiful and amazing the three of you look together.

You huffed in annoyance as you exited the area. The sound of Daniel's skyrocketing slowly faded into the background as you moved further and further away. Before you even knew it, your feet were already making their way toward the parking lot, and now you were standing right in front of Gun's car, with a stone in your grasp. You were now seriously contemplating leaving behind a memorable and irreversible scar for Gun.

"That's low, even for you!" Gun's voice interrupted your chain of thoughts as he suddenly decided to butt in.

"Not when it comes to you!" you sharply retorted as you closed the distance between the two of you. Standing right in front of him, you gave him a challenging gaze. "You don't know how low I can go for you - even the depths of hell won't be low enough!"

Gun smirked at your reply. Your responses never seem to disappoint him. He just loves the hatred that emits from you. It would've been an amazing fight since both of you were quite riled up, but things gotta wait for now, since Gun is stuck with guarding the Chairman's daughter.

"How come you're alone?" You finally noticed the absence of Crystal. "Where's Crystal?"

"Bathroom."

You sarcastically chuckled at his response, "I thought that you will follow her inside. Don't tell me that the guard dog ain't loyal anymore."

"That mouth of yours seemed to be working a lot these days," he started while tightly gripping your chin. "Shall I seal it for you?"

Before you can come up with a fitting reply, you were interrupted by a raging Crystal, who was marching towards them.

'What's going on here?' Gun and you also slowly moved towards them, trying to know what the hell was going on.

"I told you that you don't have to go through the date!" Crystal's voice reached your ears.

"But you paid so much...," Daniel fumbled around his words, "and if not for you that other girl might have..."

"What is wrong with you?" Crystal's question made everyone stop in their tracks. "What was wrong with that girl?"

"Huh?" Daniel was shaken and so was you, while Gun was...whatever you call that expression. 

"You think you're so hot!" She continued without skipping a beat. "If you are thinking that I bought you because I like you...you're deluded. Do not look down on others just because you're handsome!"

"Crystal...you're being too harsh on that kid!" You sighed tiredly. You just wanted to enjoy the festival but you don't think you can do that anymore. All of this is giving you a big headache. Even though you can see where Crystal is coming from, you still don't agree with her being rude towards someone who is kind of innocent in this.

"I don't have anything else to say!" Crystal huffed while turning around to get into the car. "Let's go!"

Daniel, who was unable to think straight, instinctively moved forward, trying to stop Crystal from leaving. 'Huh?' He was confused when he felt tight around his wrist.

Gun tightened his grip, as a warning sign for Daniel. You could see your junior wither inside Gun's grip. You sent your best wishes to Daniel, knowing the possible outcome of those who get in Gun's way.

"That's enough!" Gun started while further tightening his grip. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Here we go again!" You rolled your eyes in annoyance. "Just leave that kid alone!"  Gun paid no heed to your words while Daniel struggled underneath his grip.

"I said...let go of me!" Daniel yelled while forcefully freeing himself.

You and Crystal gasped in surprise when this seemingly impossible feat happened. Sure, there are others who have managed to do this and much more, but Daniel doesn't look like someone who can do this. Before anything else could be said or done, Gun threw a kick, aiming for Daniel's neck. Daniel reacted on time and tried to guard against him, but Gun changed the angle of the kick in the last second, successfully hitting him. The younger male crouched down in pain while Gun casually straightened himself.

"You reacted to my kick and even tried to guard against it. You've got good eyes, or maybe I've lost my touch. No, it's not possible." Daniel was confused as he listened to Gun useless ramblings, while you and Crystal looked so done with him.

"Can you just stop tormenting the kid!" You cannot help but grumble at him. 

"Can you shut your mouth for a second!" Gun shot back in irritation. "I'm in the middle of something."

"Just end it quickly!" You sighed tiredly while getting into the car. "We have places to be."

Oh, how you wanted to attend the music festival but you couldn't because of these two idiots!

'FUCK YOU GUN!'

........

Hope that you liked this chapter guys. And I will see you in the next update. <333