chapter 12.

The lines in italics are phone conversation

P.s. I hate that camp counselor Zeus guy!!!!

______________

"The students need to return to their rooms by 10 pm!" Counselor Madonna informed you.

"Yes Ma'am," you said. "I'll send them directly to their room after dinner."

"You're free to go now."
Considering her instructions, you finally left the counselor alone and joined the others inside the hall where the talent show was going on.

When you entered the hall, Duke's performance was going on. Having missed out on his and Daniel's performance at the music festival, you were quite amazed by his skills. He deserves all this hype. Maybe you can casually drop his name to DG when you meet him next. Yes, that will be the right thing to do.

"Why are you standing alone?"
Someone asked you.
You looked up and saw that it was that young counselor - Zeus, was it?

"Just enjoying the show," you said while smiling brightly at him. You have to maintain your persona after all.

"You like that guy's music or something?" He asked.

Your eyebrows furrowed for a moment. 'Is he trying to do small talk or something?' You thought.
But you quickly shoved that thought aside and returned to your usual cheerful and bubbly persona.

"Yes," you cheerfully nodded your head. "His rapping skills are amazing."

"It is," the counselor agreed with you. "But his face is not something that you would call as aesthetic, don't you?"

Your smile faltered a little on hearing. You were definitely not liking where this is going."

"I don't know what you're trying to say, Counselor Zeus," you answered in an awkward manner.

"Nah, it's nothing," he backtracked on his statement as he took the bold step of tucking that loose strand of hair behind your ear.

You were trying really hard not to smack his hand away and just beat the living shit out of him.
You thought that Zeus will move away now but he didn't. His fingers lightly brushed against your cheeks.

'Tch! The audacity!'

His fingers would have lingered there for longer if it had not been for Eli Jang from the beauty department.

"Counselor Zeus!" The colorful-haired male called for this weird counselor.

"Yes?" Zeus responded.

"The head counselor has asked for you," Eli informed.

An obvious scowl appeared on Zeus's face before quickly disappearing. It happened so fast that if it were someone else, they would not have caught it. Unfortunately for him, you did.

"Tsk. That ugly bastard troubling me as always!" You could clearly hear Zeus grumbling this in annoyance as he left, further confirming your suspicions.

Both you and Eli continued to stare at Zeus's retreating figure till he disappeared from your view.

"What a weirdo!" Eli mumbled loud enough for even you to hear.
A chuckle escaped from your lips and soon enough Eli joined in too, turning it into a full-blown laughter.

You wiped the tears of laughter that had gathered around the corner of your eyes while Eli looked at you in...adoration?

'There is definitely something familiar about him!'

"Missed me that much, huh?" Goo didn't fail to annoy you as soon as he picked up the call

"Missed me that much, huh?" Goo didn't fail to annoy you as soon as he picked up the call. That's some real talent he has.

"Fuck off!" Those curses automatically left your lips.

"Okay then, I'll hang up now," Goo cheerfully said.

"No wait!" You yelled, throwing away your pride.
A long silence greeted you from the other side of the line before Goo bursts into laughter.

"Did the *laugh* great *laugh* (Y/n) (L/n) just *laugh*  begged me to *laugh* not hang up on her!" Goo exclaimed.
"The sun must have risen on the opposite today!"

"Are you done now?" You sarcastically asked.

"Say that one more time and maybe I'll consider your request."
He is testing your patience now.

"I'm hanging up!" You firmly said. You would rather straight up ask Gun than deal with Goo's antics for another minute.

"Fine!" Goo lightly raised the pitch of his voice.

"I'll tell you. What do you wanna know?"

"Do you remember the apprentice that Gun took in a few years ago?"

"Yeah. What about him?"

"What was his name?"

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Just tell me dammit!"

"Isn't it Olly Wang that Gun was training at that time and he's the one in charge of the hostel right now?"

"Oh...I totally forgot that you were away when the whole hostel fiasco happened. No wonder you're clueless about it."

"What happened?"

"Long story short, Eli Jang ran away with his kid and Olly Wang replaced him as both Gun's apprentice and head of the Hostel."

"With his kid, huh? And that's it?"

"Yeah. That's the reason he ran away apparently. At least that's what Gun had told me. Maybe I should ask him to retell his story of heartbreak again. After all, it was the first time the great Jonggun was rejected by someone!"
His laughs echoed through the line.

"That's the end of the story?" You pressed.

"You were expecting more?" Goo was baffled at your apathy.

"Yes."

"You've got a fucked up mind!"

"It's kinda ironic coming from you."

"That's it I'm hanging up now!"

You abruptly cut the call before Goo had the chance to.
(Y/n) - 1 / Goo - 0.

You shook your head as you turned around to go back when...

"What are you doing out here at this time?"