chapter 13.

Qotd: which lookism charater has the most tragic back story?

"What are you doing out here at this time?" He asked.

Your throat dried up at the sight of him. 'What is he doing here?'

"You shouldn't be out of your room at this time?" He asked in a teasing manner.

"Counselor Zeus, I was just talking to my friend on the phone," you nervously said.  That nervousness is part of your fake personality by the way. 

"The signal's quite bad inside the building," you said while tucking your hair behind your ears.

You had a sickeningly sweet smile when you saw his outstretched hand. He was going to pull the same trick of tucking your hair like this morning but you beat him to it.

"That's still considered as breaking the rules," he said with a smile on his face. It was almost like he felt elevated for catching you red-handed.

"This calls for a punishment!" He said in the same cheery manner. This is getting way too creepier now. 

"Do I really need to get punished?" You asked while batting your eyelashes. "It's only my first offense."

"No no," Counselor Zeus continued. "Those tricks won't work on me. I need to set an example so that you kids won't cross me in the future just because I'm handsome and friendly?"

A look of disgust crossed your features, but this time, Zeus was able to catch it. 

"Why are you making that face?" He asked.

"What face?" You replied.

"The one you're making right now."

"You must be imagining things," you said.

"NO. I'M NOT!" He protested, his mask slowly slipping off.

"You need to get therapy dude."

"WHAT -"

"(Y/n)!" The two of you stopped when someone came to get you.

"Meera and Yui are searching for you," the owner of the voice, Daniel said while approaching you.

"Looks like the first years need me," you said with a sly smile on your face as you excused yourself.

You dragged Daniel away with you as the younger male bashfully glanced at your connected hands.

And yes, you two were holding hands.

Click Click

"Perfect." You mumbled to yourself when you got a picture of Counselor Zeus.

You quickly sent the picture to Sebastian, your aide, and dialed him up.

"Yes, Miss (L/n)," he greeted you.

"I've sent you a person's picture - "

"I'll get his background information," he replied.

"Send it to me ASAP!"

"Yes, my lady."

With that being said, the call was cut off.

A wave or water was splashed at you.
"(Y/n), come play with us!" The culprit yelled at you while giggling.

"Don't be mad if I do this then," you said with an evil smile.

"Kya!" Zoe shrieked when you doused her with a big splash.

In that moment, you felt like a little child and let yourself get lost in the moment.

Unbeknownst to you, a pair of eyes were constantly keeping a watch on you.

After dinner time, it was time to pay homage to those because of whom we are here today

"The candle represents a personal sacrifice to light up the surroundings!" The counselor said.

"Let's think about those who are candles to us."

Some of the students were sniffing, including Zack. They were getting emotional overpaying their respects.

When it was your turn, you got stiff as you got ready with what you were going to say.

You lightly raised up your candle. "To those who deserved to be remembered."

Others were confused when they heard you say that, but just like sheep, they all decided to follow you.

"To those who deserved to be remembered!"

You internally scoffed at them.
'That's right! Those who don't have their own beliefs don't deserve to be remembered!'

Later that night.

You were once again wandering around camp premises aimlessly. You were waiting for Sebastian's message to be more precise.

"(Y/n)!" Daniel and Zack yelled while running towards you. They looked worn and exhausted, not to mention, they looked insanely worried.

"What happened guys?" You asked them taking in their worried forms.

"Mira..."

"That guy..."

They continued to ramble at the same time which made you unable to grasp anything that was coming out of their mouths.

In that movement, you received a text. It was from your aide Sebastian. He has done the work that you had assigned him.

Your eyes widened when you read it. You stared at the two of them dead in the eyes. "We need to find Mira soon. She might be in grave danger."

Daniel seemed to have understood the gravity of the situation or maybe he had some idea of the counselor's real self and decided to take the reins.

"I tried contacting the police but they can't do anything," Daniel firmly said.
"We have to take matters into our own. We can't afford to waste a single moment now. Let's search for them separately. We will be able to cover a large area in a short time by doing so."

You listened carefully to what Daniel was saying and tried to come up with a plan, but Zack on the other hand was blind with rage.

He immediately set off in the opposite direction as soon as Daniel was done speaking.

"Don't worry. I'll look for him once I'm done scouting my side," you reassured him.

The two of you parted ways to search for Mira.

"Heenim Kim! I'm coming for you!"

Hello my lovely readers. I hope all of you are doing fine. I know I've updated quite late, but hear me out. I was busy shifting into my dorms. I've started attending law school...yeah.
Stay tuned for the next chapter. Love ya.
Xoxo.