𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

start of freshman year.

Chris wasn't as nervous as his siblings were to start high school, he was so ready to start the year and make new friends. That's why when he walked into his first freshman class, he had a wide smile.

He saw some of his middle school friends, and he sat near them, thinking this year was off to a great start.

That's until the teacher informed everyone to stand up because there was assigned seating. He rolled his eyes and stood up, waiting for his name to be called. That's when he noticed her, a girl he had never seen before, and to his delight, she ended up sitting right next to him.

He saw her and made eye contact looking away as they both blushed.
Something was calling him to her.
Something was tying them together...

"Hey, I'm Chris," He spoke quickly and awkwardly, She turned to him.

"Sarah Marie," The girl smiled as he did the same.

"Are you new?" Chris asked the girl and she immediately nodded.
"Just moved from Worcester, I lived there my whole life,"
"Oh I have never been," He didn't know what to say next so he just stared at her.

"It's pretty much the same," She smiled as Chris nodded. "So..." Chris looked around the classroom thinking of more ways to talk to her. "Why did you move?" 

"My uncle found a permanent job for my mom...Which is fun, I guess. I'll be seeing my cousin a lot now,"

"Do you miss your friends?" Chris hated himself for asking her that question.
Of course; She missed her friends, But he just didn't know what else to say to keep the conversation going.

"Yeah," The girl awkwardly spoke as he nodded.
"Don't worry, you will make new friends in no time," Chris rambled as she chuckled.

"Hopefully," Sarah smiled as he nodded.

Chris knew he needed to find out more about this girl, he needed their invisible string to be tighter.

a couple of months later.

"Hi Chris," Sarah spoke as she sat next to him.

"Marie! Hey!" He smiled as she looked at the front of the classroom noticing they had a substitute. "Great! We have a sub,"
She made small talk.

"Yeah... So my brothers and I are having a movie night with some friends and we were wondering if you wanted to come?" Chris nervously explained.

"We were wondering? I have never met your brothers," She asked as she took her airpods out, ready to talk to the boy for the rest of class.

"Yeah but like- I talk about you so they wanna meet you," Chris explained thinking about how close they had become in a couple of weeks.

"You talk about me, Owen?" The girl teased causing Chris to blush and look in the other direction. He had not realized how that sounded.
"Sure, I'll come." She agreed quickly as Chris beamed turning to her again.

"Okay perfect! I know my brothers will love you too,"

"Too?"

"Shut up, Sarah Marie"

days later.

"Guys this is Sarah," Chris stated to his friends and brothers.  "Hey Sarah, I'm Nick," Nick waved as the girl next to him smiled "And I'm Alahna,"

"Matt,"

"I'm Nate,"

"Hello," She waved as Chris sat on the edge of the couch, Sarah quickly followed sitting next to him.