𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

"Game night!" Madi screamed as Matt asked what they should do. "game night?" 

"Yes! I wanna beat you guys!" Madi said as she rushed upstairs to get Nick and Chris. Sarah and Matt stayed behind. "So... You and Chris?" Matt asked in a hushed tone wanting anyone to hear. "You guys friends again?" 

"I think so," She shrugged as he smiled. "I am glad," 

"Game night!" Madi screamed again as she rushed downstairs with Chris and Nick beside her. "We aren't all going to be able to play," Nick said as she turned to him, her eyebrows furrowed. 

"Yeah, there are five of us," 

"Easy! Nick and I are a team, Matt and Sarah are a team and Chris is the judge!" Madi smiled as she pulled Marie up by her hand. "What? Why am I the judge?" Chris asked annoyed that she didn't pick him. 

"I wanted to play with Nick this time," 

"You are just saying that because Nick and Mom won last time," Chris sat on the couch, folding his arms in front of his chest. "And we are gonna win again!" Nick high-fived his sister as she giggled. 

___

"Shut up Chris! Everyone knows how to play heads up," Madi said as He rolled his eyes. "Let me finish!" 

Sarah laughed at how he would act to annoy his sister, which he achieved. "Okay go!" 

"Matt and Sarah are a team! Nick and Madi are a team," Chris said pumping up the theatrics wanting Madi to laugh, but he made both his girls laugh. "And they both compete for the last scoop of chocolate ice cream in the fridge," 

"Oh, we have to win that!" Madi screamed at Nick as if the scoop wasn't already Madi's. "Wait... One scoop for both?" Matt asked messing with Chris. 

"Yes. Learn how to share, Matt... and besides it's all the ice cream we have left," 

"Yeah! Matt! Learn how to share!" Madi said as Matt gave her a surprised look. "Look! I trashed talked!" Madi beamed as Nick high-fived her. "I have taught her well," Nick said as Chris sighed loudly. 

"As I was saying... Each group has 30 seconds to guess as many cards as they can... Whoever guesses more cards... Wins!" Chris screamed as Madi laughed. 

___

"Matt you suck at this game!" 

"Well, you aren't giving me good clues!" 

"Mythical Matt! Mythical!" Sarah screamed as the time ran out. " And time is out! You guessed one Matt..." Chris said in the sports commentator's voice. He was trying this new thing to make Madi and Sarah laugh, and it worked. 

"Sarah! You are giving me such bad clues!" 

"No, she isn't!" Madi defended quickly as Matt rolled his eyes. "Now it is Nick and Madi's turn" Chris screamed grabbing the remote control as a microphone. They got into position with Madi standing up and Nick remainder seated so they could look at each other directly. "And the timer starts... Now!" 

Madi and Nick flew through the time with an impressive amount of cards. "And time is up!" 
"How many did we get?"

Everyone inched forward as Chris counted," That would be... fourteen cards!" 

"OH!" Nick screamed picking up Madi and she laughed. "We are the best team!" 

"Rule maker Madi?" Sarah stood up as Madi turned to her. She loved that Sarah was using the title she had given herself. "Yes, Sarah Marie," 

"I would like to request a partner change," 

"WHAT?" Matt stood up as well and Nick furrowed his eyebrows. "You can't intervene with existing partners," Nick said as Madi turned to him confused. "Nick... dont use big words!"Madi sighed as Nick tried his hardest not to laugh. 

"Nick just said that Sarah can't pick any of you guys because you have been playing this whole time," Matt explained as she nodded. 

"And that is true... I agree with Nick's smart words," She folded her little arms in front of her body, trying to seem smart. "That is fine because I wanted to pick Chris," Sarah said as everyone gasped. 

"Okay!" She exclaimed happily. "What? No? That is cheating!" Nick said as she shrugged. "It isn't her fault that Matt sucks," Matt's mouth fell agape at what his little sister had called him. 

"Yes!" Sarah said as she grabbed Chris' arm pulling him to her. "Sorry Matt," 

"You aren't really sorry," 

Matt and Sarah continued to playfully bicker but Sarah's hand remained on Chris' arm. He was laughing at their conversation before Madi screamed. "Okay! Let's continue... my bedtime is soon,"

"Oh... You granny!" Chris said slightly pushing her, but not hard enough. "Hey! Judge!" Nick said pointing to what just happened as Matt shrugged. "I'll allow it!" 

"That was trash talk with a side of assault!" Nick laughed as everyone did too, except for Madi not understand, but she laughed along pretending she understood. 

"Okay get ready, Chris and Sarah," 

"Wait! Matt do the voice!" Madi whispered as he nodded. 
"Your time starts now!" Madi laughed as Chris and Sarah quickly started playing. Nick and Madi grew worried about how well they seemed to play. 

"Is it too late to change the partners again?" Madi asked as Chris screamed "Yes!" before answering his last one."And Candle!" 

"Yes!" Sarah screamed as Matt screamed for them to stop. "And you guys did...fifteen cards!" 

"Oh!" Sarah rushed and hugged Chris. To which he picked her up excitedly. "Oh.. yeah I was the problem," Matt muttered causing everyone to laugh. Chris' hand remained on her waist, her arm dropped around his shoulders. 

"Now you have real competition Madison!" Sarah said as Madi smiled at them getting along. "Why are you smiling? We are trash-talking you," 

"You guys are cute," Madi said as they both blushed. 

"Cute at beating you!" Chris tried as he looked at Sarah, who was pressing her lips into a line. "That didn't work didn't it?" 

"Nope!"

___

"And...Nick and Madison win!" Matt screamed as so did Nick and Madi. As well as Chris and Sarah had played they still couldn't catch up from the ones she had played with Matt. 

"It was nice beating you! You guys up for the next game?" Nick said as Sarah was ready to answer but Madi interjected. "I am tired you guys," 

"Aw!" Chris said as he let go of Sarah and picked up Madi, to which she quickly rested on his chest.

"Do you want Chris or Sarah to tuck you into bed?" Matt rubbed her back as she hugged Chris tighter. "Chris it is," Nick sighed smiling at his adorable sister. 

Everyone said goodbye to the girl as Chris brought her upstairs. Sarah, Nick, and Matt started cleaning up all the games. "If you wanted to, you can stay over. Sleepover like before?" Nick turned to the girl as he realized she was packing up her stuff. 

"I would love to Nick... But I think Chris and I aren't back to being that close... I don't want to make it weird by overstepping," She admitted as both boys sighed. 

"Sarah Marie Jones. Need I remind you, you were our friend too," Nick said as she smiled. "But if you don't wanna stay we will understand," Matt spoke giving Nick a look. 

"Fine... I'll understand," He faked a sad face before laughing it off with both of them. "So?"

"Okay, I will! But I am staying in your room!"She said as he cheered. "OHH yeah!" 

"Nick! Sh! I just put Madi to bed!" 

"Sarah is sleeping over again!" Nick said knowing her would get excited too. "Oh yes!" Chris smiled like a little kid. "So definitely movies?" Matt asked as she laughed feeling like she was a sophomore all over again.  

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
so! hi!

it's crazy that this was gonna be a super small chapter with 200/600 words and ended up being 1300. but its okay! bc i realized I was giving my other story more attention so this book deserved a LONG chapter so i hoped yall enjoyed 

ngl i really loved this chapter and I am excited to write for this book again!