𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Sarah was ready to have a better day than yesterday. Matt told her he had fought with Chris but he didn't tell her what about. She assumes it is because of her and she hates that. She regretted saying yes to Marylou, she didn't want to cause any problems.

She knew this would either help her relationship with Chris or end up ruining the little relationship she had with Chris, and she wasn't ready for any of those outcomes. 

All these worries left her head once she saw how happy Madi seemed to be when she opened the door. Madi and Matt were things that she didn't appreciate as much whenever she was first friends with Chris, and she wasn't gonna let that mistake happen again. 

So that is why Sarah had planned a day at the park with them, away from Chris. They were making a picnic basket.

"I want to bring strawberries," Madison said as Nick appeared all of a sudden. "Oh, where are you guys going?" He asked mainly Sarah and Madi thinking they were going alone. "We are going to the park," Nick asked as Matt and Sarah made eye contact. 

"Hey! What's going on?" Chris said as he walked in and stood next to Nick. "Lovebirds here are trying to decide if they want to invite us to the park," Nick said as everyone widened their eyes, except for Madi who was packing strawberries and grapes into the basket. 

"Wow! We are definitely not lovebirds!" Matt said as Sarah nodded, them both looking at Chris."Yeah definitely not," Sarah said shaking her head.

"I don't care if you are," Chris lied as Sarah nodded and looked at Madi. 

"Anyways... You guys are free to join us," Sarah said as Madi finally realized what they were talking about. "Wait! Everyone is going to the park now?" Madi said excitedly as Nick nodded. "I am going," 

Nick turned to look at Chris to see if he was going, as Chris stared at Sarah who was again laughing alongside Matt. This had to stop, why was he so jealous of his brothers being friends with his ex-best friend?

Maybe he shouldn't go, exclude himself before he makes everything worse. 
"C'mon Chris! What are you gonna do home alone?" Madi asked as she walked up to her brother. 

Chris looked up at Sarah, who surprisingly was staring at him back. 
"You should come... I packed the leftover snickerdoodles," She smiled softly, taking his breath away. 

This is what he loved about Sarah Marie. He had treated her so wrong for so long and there she was still giving him a beautiful smile and extending kindness his way. In his eyes, there was no other girl like her, he regretted pushing her away and this was the official moment when he decided that he was gonna make up for everything, fix their string.

"Okay... Let's go," Chris said as he fixed his hat and Madi cheered. "Thanks, Sarah!" She ran to her and hugged the girl.

──────

"Madi you ate all the strawberries?" Nick asked annoyed as he tried looking for more. "And? I packed them for me," She responded quickly causing all the teens to laugh. 

"What?" She asked as they laughed more. "I really don't want you to grow up," Chris admitted to his little sister. She went over and hugged him, as Sarah watched smiling, her chest feeling overwhelmingly happy. 

"I love you, Chris," Madi said as she sat really close to him and he threw his hand over her shoulders. "Love you more, snickerdoodles," He joked as Madi laughed "Snickerdoodles?" 

"That is a new nickname," She added as Chris ruffled her hair around. "You ate all the snickerdoodles," Chris explained as he was looking down and laughing with her.

This man needs to stop before I fall in love, Sarah thought as she coughed and looked away, scratching the back of her neck.

"And I love you, Nick,"
"And you Matt,"  Madi said as she stood up and hugged all of her brothers, but she settled next to Chris again. You can tell Chris meant a lot to Madi. 

"And I love you the most Sarah," Madi said as she laughed and said "I love you the most too," Sarah started off the sentence by looking at Madi, but slowly drifted her eyes toward Chris'

His heart skipped a beat.

She didn't mean to do it, it just sorta happened. 
"Anyways... I say we play red light, green light," Matt said as he watched his sister's neutral face turn into an excited one. This was one of her favorite games and she especially loved playing with her siblings because they would pose just to make her laugh.

"Oh yes!" Madi said as she stood up watching everyone, do the same. 

For the rest of the day, they played in the park and Chris called Madi by all sorts of weird nicknames.

"You can't catch me, smarty pants," Chris screamed at his little sister, while they played tag. He wasn't really looking at where he was going all of a sudden he bumped into someone and they both fell over. 

And of course, he had to bump into the girl he had been trying to impress all afternoon. "Oh my! Sarah, are you okay?" Chris asked as he quickly as Madi appeared at his side. "Chris! You killed my babysitter!" She screamed as Chris helped Sarah sit up, she was holding the back of her head and with her other hand her knee. Soon enough Nick and Matt were there too. 

"What happened?" 

"Chris just killed my babysitter!" Madi screamed again as Chris turned to her annoyed. "Stop screaming that," He spoke as he watched the people around him look at what was happening.

"Are you okay Sarah?" He asked as he helped her up. "I am so sorry," He said as he watched her scraped knee start to bleed.

"I am good, dont worry," The girl responded as Chris widened his eyes. "Are you sure?" 

"Yes, I am totally fine," Sarah said as she let go of her head and looked at Madi. Chris looked between the girls and looked at everyone else. What was happening that he wasn't understanding? 

"Tag, You're it!" Madi said as she hit Chris' side he laughed as they all ran away from him. "No, way that just happened!" Chris said as he started chasing Sarah down. 

"Oh sh-" She said as she noticed he was chasing her. "You tricked me!"

"You deserved it," She laughed with the biggest smile on her face that he couldn't help but smile. 

────── 

Chris watched as Sarah tucked in her already asleep sister. She then turned to leave but was startled by him there. They both exit the room as Chris smiles sheepishly. 
"I just got major deja vu," Chris smiled as she laughed. 

"Why?"

Chris shrugged knowing the real reason but not wanting to say anything. He walked her out the front as they stood there before she started leaving. He was watching her leave  "Oh wait! Sarah," The girl stopped and turned back.

Chris had this overwhelming feeling to hug the girl but he didn't;

"Are you sure you are fine?" Chris said as he signaled to her head and bandaged knee. "I am fine Chris," She sighed as he nodded and watched her turn back around and head to her car. 

"Does anyone else get that feeling that this summer is going to be eventful," Nick teased as Matt kept the joke. "More eventful than last year's summer?" Matt laughed as he recalled Chris being in a mood the whole summer. 

"I hate you guys," Chris said as Nick and Matt laughed. "Anything you want to tell us?" Nick asked as Chris started to head up the stairs. "Goodnight,"

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
I never think imma make these super long and then boom 1282 words like hello?

anyways 
love Chris and Madi bc they are so adorable.

I had gotten like 2 dms of people asking me if Matt and Sarah had something going on lol and definitely no but I can see where you could think that so I am sorry, they are just really good friends. no love triangle happening here. 

(also that's why I added nick saying that. thought it would be funny)