𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Sarah left the house and stood there catching her breath. She held her stomach and cried, she suddenly heard someone rush downstairs and scream.

She walked away not wanting to hear anything. She wiped her tears and got in her car. "Sarah," Matt opened the front door as she stared at Chris who was right beside him, telling him to go back inside.

Matt rushed to her car as she rolled down her window. "I am so sorry Sarah,"

"It's fine,"

They heard Chris slam the door.

"Hopefully he didn't lock me out," Matt sighed a small smile creeping into his face.

"If he did you can come with me," She suggested as he nodded. "Where are you going?"

"Home or to Aubree's," Sarah admitted as he thought for a second
"Are you gonna go there just to cry?"

"You know me so well," She softly joked.

They remained in silence.
"I am sorry,"

"It is not your fault Matt," She grabbed his hand.

"I know... but I am still sorry,"

"I know this is gonna sound selfish... but hopefully we can still be friends," Matt squeezed her hand as she nodded.

"I didn't know how much your friendship meant to me until you and Chris stopped being friends. But now... I can't afford to lose you... And neither can Madi," tears streamed down her face as he said.

She got out of the car and hugged him. "Of course! I can't afford to lose any of you,"

"Do you wanna stay? we can hide from Chris. I'm sure he will be up in his room anyways,"

"No... I want to cry and process everything. Tell Madi I'll see her soon and that I am sorry I had to leave,"

"Will do," He said smiling softly and opening up her car door so she could get in.
"Thanks," She mumbled turning on her car and leaving.

As soon as she drove away her tears were free falling

She wish she could hate him.

All this stupid pain he had caused her and for what?

What could be so important that he has to hide from her? Thinking of what was happening the months before her and Chris' friendship broke up.

They would spend almost every day together except when they didn't... because of Luke!

So Chris hated Luke and ended his friendship?

that doesn't seem like a big enough reason to cut Sarah off...

What secret could he keep that he can't tell her?

...

Was he in love with her?

She stopped at a red light and wiped her tears. Was Chris in love with her?

No, he was just kind and thoughtful and the bestest friend she could have asked for. That means nothing...

'But if I was in love with Chris I wouldn't want him finding out' She thought and it all started falling together.

"Chris is in love with me?" She said out loud, shocked. Her stomach fluttered.

This can't be.
"Siri, Call Matt,"

The phone rang as she anxiously waited.
"hey,"

She heard Madi in the back talking to someone. She seemed mad.

"Am I in speaker?"

"No?"

"Does Chris... like me?" She asked frantically. She heard nothing back and then a cough. "No..."

"Oh my god,"

"Wait- No I didn't say anything-"

"Matt! Shut up!" She screamed as she looked around finding a place to park at.

"I can't believe this,"

"Oh my! Chris is gonna kill me," He whispered as she sighed.

"Is that what he can't tell me?"

"I dont know..."

"Stop lying, Matt! You are terrible at it!"

"Okay yes!" He sighed this time.

"I can't believe it..."

"How do you feel about it?"

"I mean... not bad. I understand it. I wish he would have told me sooner. I would have broken up with Luke way sooner!" She casually said as he gasped.

"Wait- no! I didn't mean it like-

"Do you like him back?"

"No!" They both stayed quiet

"I don't know... Maybe?"

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
everyone says
'we love matt!'

bc yes.