𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

about a week later

The last one to arrive was Sarah.
"Hi!" Sarah said as Matt opened the door for her. She hugged him and then gave him a wrapped present. "Thank you, Sarah!" 

"Do I hear Sarah Marie?" Madi said running down the stairs. She ran into Sarah's arms. "Hi, Madi!" 

"C'mon on! I need to show you the cake." Madi grabbed Sarah's hand and pulled her upstairs. "Mom and I made it!" Madi said as she looked at the poorly decorated cake. "Well, mommy baked it and I decorated it,"

"And she killed it," Matt laughed as Madi hugged him. "You really did!" Sarah smiled. She heard the group of teens by the living room. It had been about a week since she saw Chris. "You ready to see him?"

She nodded. This whole week she had been thinking of Chris, the kiss, her realizing he was in love with her. She told Matt she was conflicted and would know once she saw him face to face. She walked into the living room, seeing him laughing alongside Justin and Nick. 

"Justin?" Sarah said as he turned surprised. "Hey!" he stood up and hugged the girl, Chris watched from afar. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"It's our birthday- if he didn't come I would be mad," Nick laughed as he stood up and waited for Sarah's hug. She gave him her present and hugged him. "Happy birthday!" She smiled.

"Thanks, Sarah," 

She turned to Chris, and her heart fluttered. 
Oh...

"Stand up," She motioned for him as he rolled his eyes playfully. He stood up and hugged her. "Happy Birthday Owen," She said letting go and giving him his present.

His heart fluttered.
He never knew how much he missed her calling him that.
" Thanks, Marie," Chris hugged her again, sneaking a kiss on the cheek.

"Anyways, What were you guys doing?" She was blushing hard.

She sat down as he sat next to her, mindlessly putting his arm behind her. Everyone started talking as she turned to him. "How are you?"

"Pretty good," He wanted to say that he missed her.

"How is everything with Madi?" Sarah asked looking at Madi, who was in Justin's arms. "Great... She loves me again," Chris chuckled. She nodded. "Happy for you," 

The silence was deafening, and they now noticed how close they seemed to be. They made eye contact and then bursted out in a laugh. "I think I stole Nick's seat," Sarah said as she noticed how Nick was now standing up. 

"It's okay, you can sit here with me for as long as you want,"

She blushed again and nodded, now joining the rest of the group's conversation.

----------------

"Open my gift," Aubree told Chris laughing. She gave him the bag, and it rattled around. "

Chris pulled out what it was seeing it was the non-alcoholic beer. He rolled his eyes. "This sucked," He laughed causing everyone to laugh. 

"You gave him a beer for his birthday?" 

"No, this is the nonalcoholic one he hated from my birthday," Aubree corrected her boyfriend as Chris and Sarh made eye contact. 

Wasn't he drunk the night of the kiss?

"So you weren't drunk that night?" Alahna said as Chris hesitantly nodded. He was now avoiding Sarah's confused eyes. 

"Okay.... Anyways! Madi didn't you have a gift for Chris?" Justin said as she nodded and ran to her room.

"When Sarah was babysitting me, she helped me make one. So I decided to make you one with your show box pictures," She handed her brother a poorly wrapped gift he smiled and hugged her. 

Everyone was so confused, and so were Sarah and Chris. He unwrapped the present."Wow. a book?"

"Open it, dummy!" 

He chuckled and opened the book, which he now knew was a scrapbook.
'Chris' Pictures' It read and underneath it said happy birthday.

He flipped through the pages, his mouth falling agape. Sarah watched from his side at all the pictures, that she was in. These were the pictures he had around his walls a year ago, all put in a scrapbook. 

"Madi..."

"Are you mad?" 

"No! Of course not!" he hugged his sister again as she smiled. "This is a perfect gift!" She laughed and hugged him back.

"Look through it," Chris said giving it to Sarah. She flipped through every page, she was almost in every single one. 

"You were in almost all the pictures," Madi laughed. Sarah blushed nodding.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
2 more chapters and an epilogue are left to this story.