Prologue

Yoichi walked through the streets of Miyagi. It has been a hard tournament, but he has lost. He has even lost all his motivation to ride his bike. Instead, he is pushing it back home. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he was reminded of his defeat. The cold air around him caused by the winter doesn't make it better. Why did he pass the ball in that last moment? He could have just shot it. Why? Why was he so bad? What did he train for just to lose there, when he clearly could have won. He would have definitely scored that one. A wide open goal. 
"What are you doing here at this hour?", a voice asked behind him. He quickly turned around. There stood his older brother. He was wearing his running shoes and his winter outdoor sports wear. How the hell was he here? Wasn't he supposed to be in Rome?
"Why the long face? Shouldn't you have already been home hours ago?", the other raven haired boy said. 
"Nii-San, what are you doing here?", Yoichi asked with a surprised voice. "Aren't you supposed to be in Italy?" 
"Well yes and no. It's New year and christmas break. So I though, I'd come back to visit my family once in a while.", Tobio said and scratched the back of his head. "But seriously, what are you doing here at this hour. It's already 5 p.m.. Mum said, you should have been home a while ago." 
"Christmas was two weeks ago, if I remember it correctly.", Yoichi exclaimed. Tobio sighed and started to do some small steps. 
"Let's just get home before I freeze to death.", he ordered and started to run again. "Ride your silly bike, if you can keep up with me."
"You arrogant piece of shit.", Yoichi replied and jumped onto his bike to accelerate. 

"Man you are slow.", Tobio said after a while. He was only running with fifty percent of his speed. 
"Shut up. This bike is crap. Otherwise I'd be hell of a distance ahead of you.", the footballer said. 
"Oh really? Don't you wanna be a football player? A football player is supposed to be faster and stronger than a volleyball player.", the elder brother reminded him. 
"Says the freak working out everyday while I still have to go to school.", Yoichi countered. 
"Oh right. I can tell through my muscle memory that I'd still catch up to your bike in my high school years."
"Those years, where you've never won a single national tournament?" 
"Shut up. I'm in the monster generation after all. It was way mor intense during that time." 
"Yeah yeah. That's just your pathetic excuse you are using all those years. Try find a new one." 
Just then both of them dashed through the gate of their house. 
"Fuck off! Try get to my level in your sport first before you start with trash talk.", Tobio bit back. Just then, both of them hit their head on something. Miwa stood there with her fists raised in the air. Yoichi fell from the bike, while Tobio fell on his ass. 
"When will my two little brothers stop bickering. It's fucking annoying!", she scolded. "Have you ever looked at the time? Especially you, Tobio!" 
"What the fuck. I was just going for a run!! What's wrong with that?! HUH?! If anything you should shout at him.", Tobio pointed at his little brother. "He was the one who should have been home hours ago!!"
That just earned him another smack at the head. 
"AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ELDER BROTHER, WHO SHOULD GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO LOOK UP TO!! NOT A BITCH ALWAYS TRYING TO THINK OF HIMSELF.", Miwa shouted. 
"Can you guys please keep it down a little? Mum and dad would both beat us up.", the younges Kageyama said. 
"Whatever...", Tobio turned his head away and got up. "Imma stretch now." 
"No, you are going to set up the table.", Mika ordered. 
"Why, Nee-San. I just came back from Italy today, cant't I..." 
"And you ran ten miles. So you should be fine setting up the table."
"Alright. Just let me stretch. It's important."
"Argh!", Miwa screamed in frustration. "Fine, do whatever you please, little piece of shit." 
"Hey, hey, hey, darling. Let's just calm down a bit, alright? Tobio needs his stretching exercises. After all, he's an athlete.", a man said while he hugged Miwafrom behind. 
"Oh, hey, Yamoto-San. When did you two get together? The last time I saw you two, you were like the greatest enemies.", Tobio greated the boyfriend of his sister. 
"Well, aperently, Tobio, the last time we saw each other was two years ago, before you set off to Italy.", Yamoto sassed him. "So I kinda skipped the formalities to ask you for your approval." 
"We don't need the approval of that little piece of shit.", Miwabarked in. 
"I love you too, sister.", Tobio replied, already in a stretching position. "By the way, Yoi, do you know, what most football players don't do?" 
"What is it?", Yoichi asked curiously.
"Stretching. In long term it'll become very fatal to you, since you will slowly lose the ability of a very flexible body. So for your own good, start stretching after practice and games."
"But why would I need a flexible body as a football player?" 
"Kinda true, but imagine the moves you could do with it. Don't you think?"
Tobio changed his position. 
"I'll think about it.", Yoichi nodded and walked into the house. His sister soon followed him with her boyfriend in tow. 
"How was the tournament, Yoichi?", his sister asked him. This time it was a very soft voice. It's funny how his sister can turn her voice from lion to angel in mere seconds. 
"Bad.", he replied emotionless. 
"Why's that?", she asked him very concerned. 
"I passed the last ball to a teammate and he didn't score.", Yoichi said and looked down. Unsatisfied with his own performance in game. 
"Well... I can't believe I'm saying that, but the only person who can help you there is Tobio.", Miwa replied. "But anyways, you made it to the finals, didn't you? That's quite impressive enough. Don't you think? Besides, there is always next year..."
"That's the excuse of a loser.", Yoichi whispered. For a second his eyes changed. Pure innocence disappeared. Evil and hunger for power has enlightened itself from his blue eyes. Almost like those moments Tobio has, when he's at the top of himself. 
'Scary.', was the only word Miwa could find to describe that menacing stare. Just then the door opened. Tobio walked in with a cloth he got to swipe away the sweat on his forehead. Yoichi however, has already jumped into the shower. 
"You've seen it, Tobio. Haven't you?", Miwa asked him with all seriousness she could put into her voice. 
"The football world will have a new challenge to pass.", he answered with a big smirk on his face. "This will get interesting." 
"Should I be concerned?", Miwa asked him. 
"If you wanna do a bet, then yes.", Tobio replied. 
"What kind of bet?" 
"That one day, our little brother, will take on the greatest players in the world face to face.", Tobio said. This time the dangerous aura was in his eyes. 
"You're on. But how can you say so confidently, that he will?", Mika asked him. 
"Because he's a starving sport man. And a starving sport man who has got a taste of defeat, will always crave for more."