Chapter 44 The calm before the storm

Yoichi slowly stood up, but was then imediately pushed to the ground again by an incoming pink panther. 
"Nice one!!! Kageyama!!!!", he shouted enthusiastically. Yoichi looked up as if he has just awoken again. Chigiri might be an obvious light weight but clashing with him at the speed he was able to run at... that was a whole different story. 
"What the fuck was that? You played it out like a simple board game of ludo!!!! Was that a new move of yours?", Chigiri asked. Too hyped for his normal character.
'That means he must have been impressed with the last one...', Yoichi thought. "I mean... I don't really get it myself, it sorta just happened."
He paused for some seconds before saying, "Alright, now get off me... you're heavier than you look."
"Oh, right... sorry...", the pink apologized and got off him. Yoichi sat up groggily. Still waking up from the impact he just had with a racing car. 
"Nice one, Kageyama Yoichi. I can feel your cells sparking.", Shidou suddenly said and walked over to them. "I think I'll quite like it when you explode."
Yoichi just looked at him confused, "Thank you for that compliment... I guess...?" 
Then he got up and walked off towards the exit. His business here was done. 
"Great job, mr Ordinary.", Karasu said and patted him on his shoulder. 
"All people on the pitch. Prepare for the next match.", came from the speakers. Yoichi just sighed and walked out of the arena to the monitor room to watch the upcoming games. 

"Understood, president Buratsuta! For the future of Japanese football, I Houichi will take responsibility and guide the U20 team to victory.", a tall male inside the conference room with Buratsuta said. 
"I'd expect nothing less from Houichi-chan.", the president of the Japan Football Union said. "The man who doesn't listen to anyone but the association. No wonder they call you Houichi the earless."
"Oh please, stop that! They make fun of me on the internet for that.", Houichi said. 
"Well, well, you understand what our goal is, right?", Buratsuta asked him. 
"Of course.", Houichi ansered. "Itoshi Sae, an internationally acknowledged genius, will participate in that U20 match. You want a match that will turn that big news into big money, correct?" 
"Exactly!!!", Buratsuta smiled at that pin point answer of his puppet."Apparently, Itoshi Sae himself has taken interest in the Blue Lock project. Just as requested, we sent all the video data from inside to him. And whatta know, Ego Jinpachi then conveniently went and demanded a match." 
"I see.", the U20 coach too smiled mischiviously. "Money-making and dissolving Blue Lock. We're killing two birds with one stone, is that right?" 
"Precisely!!!", the president praised. "Make sure to make it a quick victory!" 
"Roger that." 
The door suddenly burst open. Sae walked in. 
"Ah, Sae-Chan, you can't just barge in like that.", his manager behind him scolded. The football player ignored that. 
"Oh! Why, if it isn't Itoshi Sae-kun. I'm glad you managed to join us.", Buratsuta said and extended his hands for an armshake. 
"Nice to meet you, mr. Genius.", the coach followed the gestures of the president. Sae on the other hand stared at them for a second before turning around to his manager, "Who's that fatso and bobcut duo?" 
"Wai...", his manager was trying to stay serious. "They're the president and the U20 coach." 
"Well, that speeds things up.", Sae replied and then finally gifted his attention to the two adults at the conference table. "Hey, you old geezers. I checkted the videos of all those Japan U20 players or whatever. To put it in short, they're all SHIT. Especially the forwards. They're a big stinking pile of insect turd. I agreed to join the team because I heard I'd get the chance to play against Blue Lock guys, but if this is the kind of school team level rubbish you're gonna throw me in, I'm backing out." 
"Are you perhaps insulting my team?", the coach asked with hidden anger behind his voice. 
"Now, now, now...", Buratsuta tried to calm the coach down. "You have to be the adult here, Houichi-chan."
He patted the male behind him several times and then spoke, "S-So you don't like the forwards, Itoshi Sae-chan? Then how about you nominate somehone else you want? It can even be someone over the age. Even Minamino! Douan! Nakajima!"
"Anyone? Really?", Sae asked to be sure. 
"Yep, yep.", the president quickly answered. The greed for money almost lit his eyes like the headlights of a fire truck. 
"As long as they're Japanese! Even Ramos! Kazu!", he added. Sae could see that he knew nothing about football. Especially, after hearing the name of Ramos, a defender, not a striker. But he had to take the deal anyway to have any chance of winning. 
"Then there's a forward in Blue Lock who I want to play with.", he spoke.