Chapter 37 It's time

"That was a close one...", Luna muttered inside the showers. He was still thrilled from the bicycle kick Yoichi almost made in that match they've just had. If Loki didn't save it last minute, they would have lost their faces there. 
"Yes, but it was quite interesting, if you think of it.", Loki said. "I mean... that one pass of that guy..."
"I know what you're talking about.", Silva said. "That raven haired and that green haired were a pain in the ass. Especially that raven haired. That brat has no respect." 
"Yes, because you started with the trash talk.", Loki reminded him. "If you could have shut that big mouth of yours at the beginning, maybe we could have hosted a nicer greeting before our match." 
"Whatever.", Dada replied and applied some shampoo onto his hair. "So what would be the rankings?" 
"That number five should be at number one.", Luna pointed out his opinion. "Then Itoshi and then that white haired dude. The crazy dribbler should come in fourth and the last one would be that one with the gloomy hairstyle." 
"Imma disagree with ya. Green haired on first place and the raven haired on last place.", Pablo intervened and switched off the water. 
"Really? Just because he didn't get your name right?", Luna said. 
"Gotta agree with that one though.", Dada Silva said. "Those plays were way too risky. It's not something I would like to trust on if I were his teammate." 
"I agree with Silva.", Adam spoke and tapped off his shower too. 
"Well guess what, he had to play a fucking one versus three against us.", Luna mentioned. 
"Still...", Pablo said. 
"Well folks, then let's have a vote.", Loki proposed to end the argument. "Our personal rankings of the five are still not reported to Ego after all."
"Alright." 

One week later, Yoichi looked at the table in front of him. Books filled with English exercises and other Grammar stuff were stacked on it. 
"Looks like I can run away from school, but I can't run away from this shit...", he muttered and started with some books. Unlike his brother, he had to study English at home. He had no choice after all. Tobio had his captain that drilled him to it. He, on the other hand, was met with the other option, which was believed to be more effective. In his opinion at least. It wasn't even that hard. English was an easy language to learn after all. If it weren't for the nuisance inside the room... 
"Sunday... Mohnday... Tyusday... Wed... We... We...", Bachira practised his speaking while writing the new vocabulary into a note book. "Wedonesday?" 
"It's Wednesday, you moron.", Rin replied annoyed. "And you got everything but Sunday wrong. How did you even pass middle school? 
"What a hassle...", Nagi murmered with his face on the books. Academics weren't really his strengths. 
"Oi, you!!! Put up some effort!!!!", Rin ordered and tapped his head. 
"No, it's too much of a hassle...", Nagi retorted without moving. 
"Hey, Rin. Is it true that when you introduce yourself, you can say 'Ai-mu' instead of 'Mai neimu izu?'", Niko asked genuinely trying to learn something. His genuine question couldn't reach Rin though as he was occupied with making Nagi study. 
"It's a hassle, it's a hassle, it's a hassle.", Nagi repeated himself constantly and refused to look up to start studying. 
"Ai kyan Flyday!!!!", Bachira shouted with his horrible English out of the sudden and threw a paper plane straight to Rin's head which hit right on target. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. 
"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!", Rin snapped and threw books at Bachira and Nagi. "JUST HOW LONG ARE THEY GONNA MAKE US DO THIS FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!" 
This has somehow made Nagi get up and invited him to start a war of book throwing. Niko desperately tried to calm the situation, but Bachira prevented that with his poor pronounciation. 
"Aimu sorry! Abe sour! It's extlemely regretable!", he appologized and shielded his head with his hands. Although, rather than being sorry, he seemed more amused over the fact that two people in the room are throwing books at each other and creating a huge mess. In the middle of the storm of chaos was Yoichi still doing the exercises inside the book provided by the facility. That was until Nagi grabbed it, making Yoichi accidently draw a huge line to the ende of the page, and threw it back at Rin. Yoichi looked at the blank table in front of him. Finally he caught on the fact that his teammates were having a pillow fight with books instead of pillows. Soon a book landed on his face. A red mark of a rectangle formed itself on his forehead. Yoichi touched it with his fingers and quickly pulled his hand away as it hurt after putting some pressure onto it. He then had a look of his surroundings. Paper everywhere. The books he was studying with were left in shreds. 
'What a waste of paper...', Yoichi sighed and now stared at the four males who were throwing those things in the first place. "Are you done now?" 
An angry face was then hidden right behind a fake smile. 
"Are you done now?", he repeated his question. The four males immediately froze to that voice. Even Rin. The raven haired walked around them and picked up the book that he has used to exercise before it being forcefully taken away by Nagi to be used as a weapon. It got ripped apart in the process. If those guys knew how expensive these books are. 
"This has been the fourth time this week now. You know that, right?", he told them in a quite threatening way. "Look at this mess around us. Thanks to your great idea of starting a fight, we have to clean that shit up again." 
He almost seemed like a furious mother scolding her children for misbehaving and fighting. His demands for his teammates were however lifted through an announcement that was signalled through a bell. Similar to the ones at the railway station. 
"The second selection has just come to an end.", it said. "All members who will advance to the third selection have now been gathered. Please promptly put on your BIB uniforms and gather in the central joint room." 
As if on que, all the boys who were fighting rushed to their locker to get their uniforms. 
"Finally out of this room with you guys...", Rin muttered in relief. Bachira who was on the other side of the room, celebrated through all of his heart, "Yes!!!! No studying anymore!!!!! I was getting sick of it!"
Yoichi just sighed as the fight has resolved itself and they could finally move on. He then proceeded to get into his uniform himself and walked out of the door with his other companions. 
"Altogether, 7 teams, comprising 35 members have successfully advanced.", the announcement continued as they marched through the corridor surrounded by plain granit. "Members will be admitted in the order that they cleared the selection." 
"Seven teams, huh?", Bachira said behind Yoichi and stretched his arms. "Looks like a lot of people failed out." 
"Yep...", Yoichi answered while being deep in thought. 'I wonder if they were able to win their way up...' 
"I wonder if the other teams have also been studying English.", Bachira murmered to himself. Yoichi on the other hand was only thinking about the other team Z members. 
"Now then, to start,...", the announcer, probably Ego, spoke. "1st clear team, please enter." 
Yoichi walked through the gate that has been opened to them. Rin and the other guys followed him soon. 
'Whatever...', Yoichi then concluded. 'There's no use to hope for them. No matter how you do it. You need to reach this point to have the right to become the world's best. That's just simple reality. It's fair and square. No matter the outcome. That's the reality I, no, everyone have to accept. Because this is, Blue Lock. Excuses are for the weak.'