Chapter 27 Once the pawn reaches the baseline

Rin quickly took the ball to the middle of the line. This could not happen. A boy with no football blood was about to whipe his ass. He was not going to be beaten by a lukewarm. He looked up at the raven haired. He was standing right in front of the circle line of the ptich. Should he risk it again? he had no other choice. Rin swung his leg and shot it from the half court. The ball however, bounced back to his side of the field. 
"Soldiers, march.", Rin heard Yoichi whisper as he sprinted past him to get the ball that was on its lose now. 
'How the hell did he block the shout from this distance?', Rin asked himself still in shock. 'Wait he waited right in front of me, just to stretch out his leg and pin pointed the ball curve. That means... he read me like an open book. Shit...'
Yoichi, on the other hand, was miles away from Rin. He was already in front of the box. Aryu and Tokamitsu caught up to him, and tried to double team him. The raven haired wasn't even fazed by it. First he went to the left, which, Aryu, who was standing in front of him followed, while Tokamitsu tried to get him from behind. Just in the moment, both of them started to follow him, a hole in the defense emerged. Yoichi rainbowed flicked the ball through that hole and took up the  pursuit right after it. In that moment, Rin has finally caught up to him. 
"You will not have that goal.", he shouted in a very deep voice. His oponent just smiled mischiviously. Rin bodied Yoichi. The ball was still in the air. There was no way, he would still be able to trap it and to score from there. What he didn't know, however, was that Yoichi didn't need to trap the ball in order to score a goal.
"What a fool.", The said male whispered. Then, the raven haired stemmed back the incoming force with his own while being balanced on his right foot. He swung his left leg and spiked the ball into the net with it. The goal keeper had no chance. Yoichi has been at his optimum distance to score the last goal. Rin fell down onto the ground. The raven haired however was still standing. 
"Lost your cool, eh?", he mocked whilst looking down at the player with the highest rank in this facility. "You know, you can only win a war with many, many, many different weapons. Do you really think, you can just win it with that easily defendable curve shot of yours? You wanted a war, didn't you? You started it. Now you aren't even able to win it." 
Yoichi walked back to his side of the half. 
"EYYYYYYYYYYY", Bachira celebrated and hit him on the back. "No need to pose as a badass villain, my friend." 
"You know, you could have passed it to me there...", was the only thing Nagi muttered as he joined the duo. "I was totally free." 
"Yeah, but it wouldn't be fun anymore, when it's all about scoring easy goals...", Yoichi replied. "But I can promise you, last goal, will be yours, Nagi." 
"Why not me?", Bachira whined. "Nagi has already scored one goal. It should be my turn now~" 
"But I want to score one more...", Nagi argued back. 
"Play rock paper scissors... I don't care...", Yoichi muttered annoyed and dead panned at the childish act of his teammates. 'I'd be doomed if I had to deal with this shit every day...' 
Rin walked to the net and fetched the ball out of the net. This has been the fourth time he did it today. Frustration and anger were immenent for him. He took it and walked to the middle line. Nothing was lost up until now. There was still a chance. Rin put the ball down at the white point in the center of the pitch and kicked it to Tokamitsu. The number 3 gave it back right before Bachira clashed with him. The green haired was then met with Yoichi. His blue eyes glowed like saphires. 
"What are you going to do, Rin. Are you going to stay the lukewarm self you are right now?", the words of his brohter rang inside of his head. "Is this all you have got? Is this the only pride left in you? In this state, you are nothing but rubbish."
The green haired looked at the raven haired in front of him. There was no way he was going to run past him. He could react to anything. Even his half court shots. He blocked them without breaking a sweat. 
"Is this really all you've got? Is this really the way it'll end?", Sae's words kept repeating themselves inside of his mind. Then suddenly, it became silent. 
"No.", an inner voice growled. "This is just the beginning."
New energy started to flow through his veins. Suddenly everything became clearer. Was this perhaps the view, Yoichi gets? Was he in the same modus like him? Rin scissored and then cut to the left. The raven haired in front of him stepped back to the left, following the way of the ball slightly. All of his movements were done with great care and grace. 
'What beautiful movements...', Rin thought, as he then rushed to the right. Yoichi wasn't left in the dust though. Because of his minimal movements, he was able to react to the rush to the right and kept up with the winner of the Nationals. Rin stopped abruptly. A small pause, before Yoichi rushed past him to gain some space for the cross. Rin moved the ball back some inches with his heel and then crossed it the second he got to it. With Yoichi out of the way, Aryu was the player with the highest vertical jump. A wide open header for the self claimed most stylish player in this facility. No one could react to it. Nagi tried to defend the incoming attack, but he was too small. A shadow appeared over his face, as the long haired male jumped up gracefully. A deadly header into the down corner with a comeback goal for team red. 
"Yes.", Rin mentally said as he watched the net move. Yoichi just stared at it and sighed the small anger out of him. It sure was something deep inside his blood. Something him and his brother shared which are one of their greatest strengths besides the accuracy. That was their concentration. A concentration that matched one of a professional athlete and in some cases even surpassed one. It was like the focus a Formula one-driver had when it came to the start. Yoichi caught the ball, Bachira has thrown at him and walked to the center. He was still silent. Dead silent. 
"Alright.", he whispered after a while. "Let's switch to a style, I'm much more familiar with."
Rin was staring at the male in front of him, 'What the hell is he saying? Does that mean, up until now he hasn't played in his own style?' 
"The style of freedom-", Yoichi's silent voice ripped him out of his thoughts. " and chaos." 
A quick pass to the left, where Bachira stood, was made. Bachira dribbled past Tokamitsu. Nagi was already in front of the box marked by Aryu. The only thing that was left to do for the raven haired was to get that annoying green haired emo from his tail. Yoichi gritted his teeth out of annoyance. This guy really upped himself in just one minute. He then performed a zero step in front of the green haired. In the next moment, when his opponent was still trying to figure out, where he would go, he cut to the left and sprinted straight to the goal. No one could stop him now. He stared to the side, where Bachira was moving. An angry face told him all he had to know. 
"Jeez. Alright, alright. I get it. No need to make such an angry face...", Bachira muttered and crossed it to the raven haired into box. Yoichi jumped up. But Rin was already in front of him again, guarding the goal. 

"Always remember. The greatest secret behind being free, is to remain calm." 

'That's right.', Yoichi remembered the most important lesson his mentor has taught him. Instead of going for the goal himself, he headed it down to Bachira, who was already cutting in and landed in front of Rin hindering him from getting to his team mate in time. The dribbler with the crazy bangs smiled at this act and accelerated even more. Aryu released himself from Nagi and sprinted towards him along with Tomikatsu. Bachira rainbow flicked it over them, to the white haired who was now free. Rin rushed to him to stop him, but as he reached him, Nagi has already flicked the ball over him. The green haired ran back and got a tip on the ball. He kicked it out of the dangerous zone. But that didn't matter anymore. Yoichi already ran to get the lose ball. Aryu was already right behind him. He answered with a tip, that flicked it over both of them, instead of a trap. Yoichi turned around. Rin braised himself for a possible direct shot that could follow. However, the raven haired trapped it and pushed it a bit in front of him. Yoichi ran up and swung his leg. He rammed his foot into the ball. It flew into the air and started to spin in an unhealthy way. Rin jumped up to block it. Unfortunately, he couldn't touch it, as it curved around his head past the hand of the goal keeper and hit the net. 
'A curve shot?!', Rin thought as he watched the ball drop to the ground. 5-2. Those were the end results of the match. 
"Oi, Bachira, nice pass.", Nagi praised his team mate and high fived him. 
"Hehe.", the said one smiled cheekily. 
"Oh man, that last one was some lucky shit, man!!!", Yoichi complained and sighed. "I wonder how we could have controlled that situation in a better way." 
"What do you mean?", Bachira asked back. "My cross was perfect." 
"Yes it was. It was just that it was way too much chaos there. Even for my taste.", Yoichi explained himself. 
"What do you mean? You loved chaos, remember?", Bachira said. "You loved it. You are one with it. That's how the hattrick against team X in our first match was made." 
"Yes, but still. There must be a way to react to such stupid things better...", Yoichi replied. 
"Well... I'm pretty fine with the end result.", Nagi muttered. 
"Until the next match, there will be a lot of practises we've spent together.", the raven haired resolved and clapped his hands. 
"Do we have to?", Nagi tried to talk himself out of the exhausting training sessions awaiting him. 
"Yes!", Bachira agreed to the inofficial captain, Yoichi. "And I will make sure, you are there, so I won't be the only one suffering."  
"3rd stage 3v3 rivlary battle. Team white wins with a 5-2.", the announcement interrupted their little argument over the last goal. 
"Now then... here's the big question.", Bachira stated and pointed to the three players. "Who do we take with us?" 
Rin was still lying on the ground from his previous jump. Tomikatsu and Aryu have joined him and waited for the decision of their opponents. 
"Meh. Decision making is too stressful.", Nagi said and sighed. "I'll leave it up to you guys."
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?", Yoichi asked as Nagi tried to lean himself onto him. "And stop leaning against me, I'm not Reo! Oi!!! HEY!!!" 
The white haired lazyhead has already dozed off. 
"HEY!!!", Yoichi shouted. "WAKE UP!!!! Oh god... how in the world does Reo handle this..." 
"Kageyama, can you please just make your decision?", Bachira gained his attention. The expression of the raven haired turned back into a serious one. He put the sleeping male onto his shoulders like a potato bag and then observed the scene in front of him. Rin was still lying on the ground, whilst Tomikatsu was still having his panic attacks. Aryu just looked at him and tried desperately to look stylish. Something inside him started to burn when he looked at Rin, but once he stared at the other two standing beside the green haired, this flame faded immediately. 

"It's the decision between rook or queen. That's what you gotta decide on once your pawn has reached the base line. But in some cases, bishops or knights are way usefuller than the major pieces. You have to know what you need, my brother.", Tobio told him whilst trying to hold his laughter as he has stale mated him by choosing a queen instead of a rook. 
"But the queen is an allrounder!", Yoichi argued back over the voice call they were in. "And don't you fucking dare to laugh!!!"
"Well, did you need an allrounder to win the last game? Before you decide on what you get, you have to know what to get." 

Those words rang inside his head. Yoichi looked back at his team. A great left or right winger. Great dribblings and good crosses. Then what else did he have? A crazy forward with some ridiculous ball control, but he lacked a good defender along him. What he needed was a second pile for the defence inside his team and a striker with long range. The decision was clear, "On your feat soldier. You're coming with us."