Chapter 33 The winner takes it all

"Holy shit...", Luna thought as he walked out of the arena after a total wipe out. Japan has dominated with a clean 3-0 victory over Spain. Ushijima and Hinata were the main characters on that team whilst a sharp sword, Bokuto, hid inside their shadows. Then there was this diva guy who has lent him his marker back at the airport. Those were some serious service aces. Plus the setting skill of him rivalled the one of the raven haired. Tobio Kageyama was his name, if Luna remembered correctly. The nail in the coffin for his home country, however, was the set, where Ushijima wasn't in the starting line up. Instead Hinata played opposite whilst a short white haired with a similar height took over at the wing. 
"There you are.", someone with a deep French accent inside his English ripped him out of his thoughts. The Spanish player looked up to stare into the eyes of Julien Loki. The teammate he was met at Blue Lock before travelling to Hiroshima. 
"Yes, here I am.", Luna replied. "But what are you doing here?"
The French player sighed, "To fetch you. That's what I'm doing. It's time. Ego wants us to get on with the first contestants that got through." 
"So you decided to come all the way here to Hiroshima to tell me it's time, even though you know we live in the 21st century were phones and social media exist.", Luna said with a mocking tone inside of it. 
"Yes, got a problem with that?", he replied calmly. "Besides. I wanted to ride the Shinkansen too. In France we have the TGV but the Shinkansen in Japan was a whole new experience."
"Oh, didn't know you were a train enthusiast.", Luna exclaimed a bit surprised at the relevation of his teammate. 
"Yep. Now it's time to get back to Tokyo.", Loki said. "Let's get to work."
"Don't intimitate Snuffy, man!" 

Meanwhile in Blue Lock, Yoichi had a hard time trying to figure out who he wanted to take with him. 
"So, who do we take.", he asked his teammates. "Got any ideas, Rin?"
The green haired looked at the four males lying on the ground in front of them. Who should he choose? 
"Can you hurry up please?", Nagi begged. "I wanna go to bed..." 
"Can you seriously stop being lazy for one freaking second? ONE FREAKING SECOND!!!???", Rin shouted dead panned and focused on the task given to him again. Who out of those four would be a great addition to their team? Surely Kunigami was a great player to play with, but was he really the right choice for their team? Was he the asset that could take them to the next level? Was he the one they needed? But on the other hand, the other ones didn't have the muscular attributes Kunigami had. Though, Rin must say, they hold something special as well. For example that gloomy guy. His defense in that game was crucial for the red team to even score four goals in the first place. That Chigiri was trending as well though. His speed would have maxed out their attack possibilities but that wouldn't help them in defense. With that kept in mind his eyes were now fixed onto one player. 
"Niko Ikki. Let's go.", Rin spoke and turned around to walk outside the door of the pitch. 

"Alright folks. How're we gonna do this?", Luna asked as they've settled down in a quite small room. It wasn't really big but the food was on a five star level and the bed was very comfortable, so there was nothing to complain. The fact that it was like one of those training camps from their childhood clubs just brought in some kind of a deja-vu feeling. 
"We're just gonna improvise.", Dada Silver answered without looking up from his phone. "Besides, what's there to plan? It's a 5v5 match. Relax Luna." 
"Just pass the ball to me.", Adam muttered. "If you wanna have a plan, that's gonna be it." 
"Could be one.", Pablo said and scrolled through his Instagramm feeds not caring about the things his teammates were talking about. He was too focused on being the cutest one in the world. 
"Fuck you Pikachu!!!", he shouted as he has seen a post about that Pokemon that got more likes than one of his own. Luna just sighed at the act of his teammates. Clearly, they weren't taking that seriously. 
"Guys, if we lose evenn once, then we won't get our money and we're supposed to play like... I don't know, Fifteen games, perhaps?", the Spanish player tried to gain the attention of his teammates. To no use. His efforts were in vain. None of them listened to him. Except for one. 
"Relax, man.", Loki said. "It won't get to that state. I'll outspeed them, Pablo will outdribble them whilst Adam has the body to absolutely destroy them. Dada will win the air battles and your dribbles added to the ones from Pablo plus your crosses and passes. With that arsenal, we shouldn't really have any problems here."
"Julien is right.", Adam commented. "It's easy money." 
"Team World Five.", the announcement interrupted their strategy meeting. "Your first group of challengers have arrived."