Miracle Worker

Miracle  Worker
@2023 by Priscilla Boakye

Brought to you by Wattpad Christian Writers Readers Club.

Aku was in the kitchen cooking supper for the entire family. Aku was the eldest daughter of three girls, her father was a mail carrier for the Ghana Post, he has worked for the Ghana post for over 31 years.

Her mother Mrs. Freeman is a first grade teacher who teaches mathematics and history and is also an evangelist for the Methodist church of Ghana, she goes out Saturday mornings to preach at the estate  by the taxi station to preach the good news by God.

While she preaches everyone comes and listens to the word of God because it's good news to spread around so everyone listens to the word that God is the source of people's lives and helps them gain spiritual strength.

While she was preaching a young woman came along and listened to the evangelist's words carefully and was so drawn to her, like she felt the holy spirit come right through her body.

The young woman asked Mrs.Freeman ' please can you pray for me ' I have been suffering from Sickle cell since I was six years old, I'm so overwhelmed from treatments and  having seizures my whole life ". Please I beg you let the healing powers of the lord Jesus heal me from my sickness ' once and for all.

'I  want to have a normal life, get married and have children someday.

The young woman started crying and  Mrs Freeman walked towards her and  said " it's alright my daughter! God heard your prayers and you are healed in Jesus name"!

Priscilla replied " thank you very much for hearing my story and praying for me pastor! She said with tears in her eyes.

" So thank me thank god because he is a miracle worker and healer, " our lord is very good and merciful" he knows all our fears and strengths ' " plus he is a great healer for our illnesses and injuries". She told the young woman.

" When I was fourteen I didn't believe in God because " I hated him for not hearing my prayers to be cured from my disease" I thought he abandoned me during my time of pain and misery from this dreadful illness since I was six" Priscilla replied.

"I understand my brother also has Sickle Cell just like you. He kept going in and out of hospital for a long time!

"Since he gave his life to Christ four years ago he has been getting better over the years by God's healing power" Mrs. Freeman responded.

"Wow really that's great! she answered.

" Yes, it's a miracle by God's love and grace.

" I would like to give my life to Christ as well! " It's that alright? Priscilla replied.

" Of course it's alright" bend down, let's pray.

So Priscilla bend down and Mrs. Freeman put her hands on her shoulders and said a short prayer " lord I thank you for giving this young lady a new beginning in life from this dreadful illness she's been carrying" lord please use your healing power to cure her of her disease and become born again to be your child in Jesus name amen!

Priscilla replied amen.

" You are healed in Jesus name, my child , go in peace. She told her with happiness.

" Thank you madam for praying for me, I promise to follow god's laws and become a better Christian. she told her with joy in her heart.

" God bless you everything will be alright! always look up to God and pray he will be there to hear your prayers. She told the young woman.

" Thank you for everything and she got up, took her book bag and left, her heart full of happiness and joy.

So Gloria said a short prayer and headed home with the bible in hand with a huge smile on her face.

While walking she was humming a hymn when she met a young man sitting on the storefront with his hands on his face, it looked like he was in distress.

She walks up to the young man and taps him on the shoulder softly.

He picked his head and there were tears in his eyes.

" What's wrong young man, why are you so sad?" she asked him.

" I lost my job from the law firm because they didn't have enough money to pay their employees " so the president had to lay off some workers including me. He cried .

"Gloria  responded positively" look up to lord he's the provider for all your needs and wants. She spoke with love in her eyes.

"Really God is the provider and father! He opened his eyes and wiped off his tears.

" Yes he is, Jesus loves you no matter what trials you go through" he will always be with you.she told him.

" James smiled " thank you very much for your encouragement! I won't give up, I will keep going to my goals and dreams.

" Good for you, let me pray for you before you go.
Gloria also prayed for James and he got up and left with hope and trust in the lord for a bright future.

Gloria keeps going and stops by a park filled with children enjoying themselves and playing with their friends.

She kept looking at children with a smile on her face, god created children to believe in him and be god fearing for a better future and hopefully have peace.

While sitting she opened her bible and started reading Psalm 23: " The lord is my shepherd I shall not want, he lies to me in the green pastures, my cup will run over as I walk through the valley of death.

This was her favorite verse of all time.

She continued reading the book of Psalms; it was her favorite book in the bible.

After reading her bible she closed it and put it in her pocketbook because people were getting ready to go , it was getting late.

So she got up from the bench and headed home to her husband and daughter.

She was so grateful to God for giving her a wonderful husband and daughter who was so precious to her.

Finally she got home, said a small prayer and opened the door with a smile. She saw her husband and daughters waiting for her in the sitting room and gave them a huge hug and told them how much she loves them.

The End.

You see with God all things are possible.

Here are my social accounts.

Facebook: Priscilla Boakye
Wattpad:  PriscillaYiadom4
Instagram: p.yiadom
Email address: p.yiadom651@gmail.com