FORGIVENESS

Forgiveness by Priscilla Yiadom

August 10, 2017

Los Angeles California.

Cindy ran away from home because of her mother, she accused her mother of mental abuse and told her unless she dies, she wouldn't return if she gets help for her anger issues.

Since she ran away from home, she decided to stay at her best friends house for awhile to stay away from her mother.

Jermaine asked her are you going to fix your problems with your mom " she asked her.

" I won't  go back to that house until she comes to her senses and stop treating me like that a child. She replied.

"Allright I hope by God's grace and mercy you will forgive your mother some day ' I believe in my heart is with God's invention, who will be grow up to see what's going on with your mother' you have to understand the your mom is stuffing from mental breakdown and she needs your love and support to be there when she breakdown she needs your help to go to doctors visits to get medical checkups and keep updates on her medications for her metal illness.
You must understand without her medicinals she can't  function.

'I know that she must survive without supervision " if she realizes she's bopid and gets help' then I will forgive her. But right now this is the best option for me at the moment"
She replied.

*Alright I understand your situation "but don't stay away from her too long" she needs you at this moment *
Jermaine told her in a sad tone.

"Don't worry I know what I'm doing"
She gave her a beaming smile on her face.

"Anyway Im hungry" what's for dinner tonight?  She asked.

"Spaille and I meat balls you're favorite" my dear friend.

"oh great fantastic! Cindy said.
She rushed to the kitchen! Took out the spaittle and dish herself a plate of food and sat down.

Three months later while she was at work she got a call from the hospital and picked up the phone.

" Good evening ma'am I'm nurse Camilla from the 37 Military hospital in Accra I'm looking for Cindy Robbins?

"This is Cindy speaking" what has happened "?

" I'm sorry to disturb you but your mother has amppatiee to commit suicide by cutting her wrist in the bathroom ' the nurse said to her in sad tone.

Cindy was about to drop the phone " when the nurse replied"  hello, hello are you still there miss?

"Yes I I'm still here  nurse *you are saying my mother try to kill herself to at her apartment"

*yes unfortunately a neighbor saw the door open went to check if your mother was OK but felt something was wrong "so she went inside and saw your mother lying in a pool of blood" she lost so much blood and called right away! I we had to stable her lifeline because she was about to die, right now she's in the icu recovery apparently suicidal thoughts have security guards on standby around the clock and his under observation in our mental ward in the hospital.

"Cindy, she's asking for her only daughter to see her as soon as possible. '

" Will you come to see your mother and solve any issues between you and mom so she can recover quickly and get her proper medical treatment'.
The nurse replied with sadness in her voice.

*Yes, I will be there as soon as possible" she told her with mixed emotions.

"Alright we are expecting you don't worry your mom will be alright"!
Nurse Camilla replied.

Cindy hung up the phone and was shaking her head when Jermaine entered her office she saw Cindy out of sorts.

"Cindy what has happened! She asked her with fingers through her hair.

" My mother tried to commit suicide " it's all my fault!  I shouldn't have ran away *because of pride and selfish and drove her though suicide Cindy put her hands across her face and started to cry like a baby.

"it's OK everything will be fine with her"  should I accommodate you to the hospital?

"Yes I would like that very much" Cindy wipes her tears from the back of her hand and they both rush into the car to get to the hospital.

Finally they arrive at the hospital and dash though the doors of the premises to the nurses station to talk to the nurse who's on duty.

"Good morning I'm looking for Tammy Rice," she asked the nurse.

" Yes we have a patient who's at the psychology ward,what is your relationship with the patient?
"She's my mother, please can see her".
"Of course follow me," the nurse told us.

We arrived at her ward and she wanted to cry so much.

" Mom, she turned her head and saw me with tears in her eyes.

I ran to her beside and hugged her right away.

"Cindy forgive me for the terrible things I did to you" I'm very sorry sweetie ' she told her while holding her hand on her lap.

I'm sorry to mom for saying awful things about you'
"Please forgive me with all my heart"  I promise things will get better between us. Cindy told her mother.

"I forgiven you everything will be alright"
"I decided to check into a mental hospital to get the treatment I need to get well soon! She smiled at her daughter.

" That's great Mom! I'm so proud of you, I will visit you everyday and tell you how much I love you "sweet mother Cindy told her with joy and happiness.

So they continued to hug and talked about what the future holds between them and life will continue to move on to make things right once again between mother and daughter. l

Few years later Cindy got married and had four children and her mother came to the house to spend time with her grandchildren and took care of them as well.

Cindy was so excited that her mother made a full recovery and became friends once again and again and remained close until she passed away at the age of ninety six on May 2, 2018.

The end!