001

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗢

chapter one:a pathological people pleaser !

chapter one:
a pathological people pleaser !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA CHASE WAS fine.

No, do not give her that look. Yeah, okay, sure, she had had a huge meltdown at camp where she was sure she had never cried harder in her life, but things were fine now. It was the day before her first day of school — senior year — and she was picking out an outfit . . . with EJ on the phone.

Sue her. Talking to an ex-boyfriend so regularly might've been weird to some people, but definitely not to Violetta. The filming of the Frozen documentary might've dragged them apart, but the premiere had brought them closer together. She had told him that night that her life sucked without him, which it did. They fell back into the same banter and friendship that they had when EJ got over his villain era, and they talked practically every day over the phone since EJ had gone off to college.

Violetta and EJ had once talked about the future and how everything was up to the universe. High School Musical 3 had made a big deal about the future, but looking back now, they were so right. It was her senior year, and she had to start applying to colleges, but she couldn't imagine herself anywhere else besides Salt Lake City with Athena Blake, her best friend, by her side.

She had admitted to EJ that night how she had a paralyzing fear that she'll maybe go nowhere. It hadn't gone away at all. The whole Frozen mess hadn't boosted her at all — it only seemed to bring her back down. She wasn't exactly sure how to fix that, but just like the past couple of months, Violetta had to take it one day at a time.

Violetta pushed through her clothes in her closet, searching for an outfit, but she sighed and put her hands on her hips. "I have nothing to wear."

"That's a lie, and you know it," EJ replied through her phone, which was propped up against something on her desk. "I've seen your closet."

"I don't really need your input right now, thank you."

"Then why exactly am I on the phone with you?"

Violetta glanced over at him, smiling slightly and definitely not getting butterflies from the way his hair flopped onto his forehead and his tired eyes. "Because Athena's dying her hair purple and you're my only other option."

"Wow, purple," EJ commented. "No more pink?"

"Nah, she said she wanted to be more muted after the whole Frozen situation." Violetta turned back to her closet and looked for a moment before pulling out a green ribbed tank top that had frilled edges. "This is cute."