007

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗢

chapter seven:red !

chapter seven:
red !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

THERE WAS A gnawing pit in Violetta's stomach, one that wouldn't go away.

Mack had practically insisted that they fake data, and honestly, Violetta couldn't find a way out. Sure, Mack intrigued her. They could talk easily, and they acted together even better. But she didn't like him, and she probably never would. Especially not when the heart wanted what it wanted. Her heart wanted one specific person.

Her love back plan part two was going horribly wrong, by the way.

Usually, Violetta told EJ everything about her days. That was just how their phone calls worked. They went back and forth just talking for hours. But she couldn't find it in her to tell her she was dating someone else, even if it was only fake dating. She hadn't even told Athena, hoping that if she didn't talk about it, she didn't speak it into existence.

It was finally Halloween night, even though she knew Mack was coming to the party at Gina's, all she wanted to do was forget any and everything High School Musical related. Every year, Violetta and Athena did a duo costume. This year, they switched it up a bit, adding Ricky to be a trio. They were Kiss, Marry, and Kill. Violetta, of course, was Kiss. She was wearing a red lace corset top, a red satin skirt, red Converse, red lace gloves, and had red lipstick on her lips and in the shape of a kiss on her cheek.

Violetta trailed into Gina's house behind Athena. While they were getting ready, Athena had gotten a letter saying that Juilliard offered her an audition. Her shot in the dark — which is why she didn't tell anyone she applied — hadn't been a shot in the dark after all. Violetta was so incredibly proud of her, but in the back of her mind, she knew that Athena was going to get in, because how could she not? That meant she would be in New York, and that meant that they would be separated fully for the first time in their lives.

The only other problem was . . . Athena didn't want to tell Ricky, or anyone about her audition.

"I'll tell him later," Athena argued as they climbed up the stairs to Gina's bedroom, where music was sounding. "I'll tell everyone later, I promise. An audition doesn't guarantee anything."

"But it's still a huge achievement," Violetta protested. "'Thena, this could change your life."

"Or, Juilliard could just decline me afterwards." Athena let out a sigh while Violetta rolled her eyes — oh, please. "I promise that I'll freak out about it if I get accepted."