008

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗢

chapter eight:tell myself it's time now, gotta let go — but moving on from him is impossible !

chapter eight:
tell myself it's time now, gotta let
go — but moving on from him is
impossible !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"PEOPLE, I WILL BE reading tarot cards in five minutes," Ashlyn stated to the entire group. "Please make an orderly pentagram."

"Orderly pentagram?" Violetta asked, her eyebrows raising. Not the demonic things coming out on Halloween. "Oh God."

Mack blinked at her in confusion. "Is this a normal occurrence?"

"It's Ashlyn," Athena replied. "If you want witch vibes, go to her. Happy Halloween."

They dispersed slightly, getting more snacks and more drinks before Ashlyn's tarot cards reading. Violetta pulled out her phone, noticing some messages from EJ, as per usual — the latest one was him telling her he loved her costume after she had sent him a picture of it, per his request. However, the comfort that brought her was minimal to the feeling of uneasiness increase as she watched the minutes tick closer and closer to minute. She didn't want to announce to the world that she was dating Mack, especially since she hadn't talked to everyone about it.

"Come on in," Ashlyn urged with an excited smile.

"What's up with you?" Athena question, her gaze burning into the side of Violetta's face.

"I really have to tell you something," Violetta revealed, because oh God, she needed to get it off of her chest. "It's something I don't want to do, but Mack—"

"Hey Wildcats!" a familiar voice exclaimed.

Violetta stopped talking, looking over at the stairs. None other than Dani was standing there, dressed of Gabriella Montez from High School Musical 3 to a t from the white dress to the red graduation outfit. Kourtney instantly shrieked at the sight of her. Violetta, however, knit her eyebrows in confusion. What was she doing here, and why was she dressed as Gabriella?

"Dani's here?" Gina questioned.

"It appears so," Ricky responded, although he sounded a lot like he already knew.

"Uh . . ." Athena began "Why is she wearing a High School Musical 3 Vanessa Hudgens costume?"

"That's actually a really interesting question."

Violetta immediately narrowed her eyes at him — by the tone of his voice, she knew he had something to do with this. "Ricky, what did you do?"

"Kourtney, my bestie of the week," Dani announced. She then looked at Kourtney's sweatshirt, which she had changed from her original Harvard one not too long ago. "Wait, did you go to Princeton?"