012

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗢

chapter twelve:I'm so proud of you, violetta !

chapter twelve:
I'm so proud of you, violetta !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

HAVING A SMALL role in the show, plus being a dancer, Violetta had a lot of free time in between scenes. Now, she could've been using that time for something productive — like stretching, or going over choreography, or reviewing lines — but instead, she paced outside in the hallway.

She was already wearing her outfit for her next scene — a yellow crop top under a jean jacket, paired with a floral skirt and white sneakers. Violetta knew that she would be busy at intermission, and with the news weighing down on her, there was only one person she really wanted to talk to — the very same person who didn't have anything going on in the show, but instead was sitting in the audience.

Violetta sighed, shaking her hands out as her stomach twisted with nerves. The door suddenly creaked open, and her head snapped up to see EJ come out, the one she truly wanted to see. He let the door shut behind him, drowning out the noise of the crowd. Violetta knew it was only a matter of time before I Want It All was happening.

"Hey, you," EJ greeted. "I'm not playing Troy tonight, by the way."

She smiled fondly, remembering seeing EJ in the Troy costume after Ricky freaked out. "I know. But thank you for showing up."

"Of course. Anything for you, V."

Violetta twisted the ring around her finger nervously. "After everything, I've done some soul searching, and . . . I'm so sorry, EJ."

EJ shook his head. "You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, babe."

"Maybe, but last summer, I got so hurt when I found out you were supposed to be leaving Salt Lake. I sent myself into a spiral, thinking that you weren't telling me everything because I did something wrong, or you didn't trust me anymore."

"I don't know what I was thinking."

"But now I'm the one keeping secrets," Violetta admitted, her chest starting to feel tight. She instantly reached out, taking one of his hands and interlocking their fingers together, giving it a squeeze when she noticed the confused look on his face. "I haven't told Athena." She looked up at him fully. "I haven't told you."

EJ squeezed her hand back. "Okay."

Violetta let out a deep breath. "Quinn wants me to star in this big movie that starts shooting in January, and wants me to leave school. It's a six-month shoot in . . . in New Zealand. Which means it's the second half of Athena and Ricky's senior years." Her voice then dropped lower. "My senior year."