009

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗢

chapter nine:I still love you — I promise !

chapter nine:
I still love you — I promise !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA SHOULD'VE BEEN touring college campuses like the others, but no. She was stuck at East High, shooting the movie.

She sighed, walking down the hallway while looking down at her phone, dressed in a white East High long-sleeved crop top and red skirt with her curls completely down, pulled back by a headband. Athena was in New York City right now for her Juilliard audition, and Violetta was in the midst of texting her a good luck message, when a conversation happening in the rehearsal room suddenly made her stop.

"Principal Gutierrez, I don't know what you've heard, but the musical is going swimmingly!" Miss Jenn insisted. "In fact, we have an act one run-through tonight."

"Oh, excellent," Principal Gutierrez said. "Then you won't mind me dropping in for rehearsals tonight? To see you all in action. Make sure you have a quorum of sorts."

"Of course. And by quorum, you mean . . ."

"At least eight students."

Miss Jenn hesitated for a moment. "We would welcome your attendance."

"Great," Principal Gutierrez replied. "And Miss Jenn, please be advised that if the turnout isn't sufficient tonight, I will be forced to cancel the musical altogether. And thus end this rather surreal ride that you and I have been on. Good day."

Violetta immediately pressed her back up against the wall, looking down at her phone as Principal Gutierrez left the rehearsal room. She then looked back up once he did, watching him walk down the hallway. Her heart immediately sunk. A lot of people were out of town for college tours today or busy with other things, including the two leads . . . well, Ricky was more so missing than anything else.

But Violetta would not be missing. She had put her foot down, confirming she was going to be Martha, no matter what.

Violetta pushed herself off of the wall and went back to the hallway where everything was. She grabbed her schedule off of her seat and flipped through it, only for her eyes to widen in horror. They had filming basically nonstop, which was interfering with musical rehearsal.

She glanced up, looking at Quinn. An idea suddenly popped into her head — an absolutely insane plan, but sometimes, the crazy plans worked.