24. Yacht Crash

We get to the giant yacht and we're all shocked because it is an absolutely huge boat.

We all get on and we set sail. We play out a finger down. I absolutely hate this game. It's pitch black outside too. The light of the boat is the only light.

"Hmmm, put a finger down if you ever made out with two different people within 24 hours of each other." Taylor says. I see Nicole put finger down and a few other girls do too. Belly has all finger up. So do I.

"Put a finger down if you've ever used a stuffed animal too... you know." A girl says. Eww what the fuck.

Some girls put finger down but I don't. "Put a finger down if you've ever had sex." Gigi says. I put a finger down.

It was about 2 years ago and I was drunk as fuck. So was this other kid but we fucked. I don't really remember much but I know that we fucked.

"Put a finger down if you've ever made out with Jeremiah Fisher." Taylor says.

Belly puts a finger down and then the girls need and explanation. She gives it to them.

"I always had this feeling that there was something going on between you and Conrad but I guess I had the wrong brother." Nicole says. "Not so sure about you, Mack." She says. "Is there?"

"Um, no. Well, um, I don't know." I say. "We just have some things in common but that's it." I say.

"Put a finger down if you've ever cut yourself." Nicole says. "Like, purposely." She says.

I put a finger down. I'm no liar. All of the girls look shocked. "What?" I ask. "I'm not a liar." I say.

Nicole starts laughing. "Lemme see then." She says. I roll up my sleeves and show everyone. Then Nicole laughs again.

"Okay okay, never mind. I don't believe anything is happening between you and Conrad because why would he want a mentally unstable girl with ugly cuts on her wrists? Like seriously, I thought your face was ugly, but your wrists? Damn." Nicole says.

"Put a finger down if you've ever been skinny dipping." Taylor says, changing the subject. I put a finger down. I was skinny dipping at this lake with Sarah once. It was a dare.

"Put a finger down if you've ever gone skinny dipping at Hopper's Cove." Nicole says.

"Is that a dare?" Taylor asks.

"Absolutely." Nicole says. We direct the heat back to the dock and then we all get in the car and drive.

After we get there, we all strip down and get in the water. It's feels good once your in but it's cold when your cold, wet, skin touches the air.

We all start splashing each other and we all have a good time. Then a phone dings and Gigi is already on the dock, about to get in.

"Nicole, Conrad's texting you." Gigi says.

"Okay, coming." Nicole says.

Taylor, Belly, and I start talking and still mess around. Then car lights turn on and the car starts moving. Nicole yells out the window. "Bye you mentally unstable orphan!" She yells. Then they drive away.

I knew they were bitches!" Taylor says. We swim over to the dock and see nothing left but my phone and my soaking wet clothes. That bitch Nicole probably dumped them in the water. I check my phone and and a text from Conrad.

I open it and read it.

Conrad: Mack, I can't stop thinking about you. I know I said that I'm not ready for anything. The truth is, I'm scared that I'm going to fuck this up. When you get home, I want to talk, face to face. Then I want to kiss you and hold you, and never let go. One last thing, can I be your escort to the deb ball? Just let me know if it's a yes.

My eyes get watery and I smile. He's so sweet. But we're stuck, naked at this dock.

"Mackenzie! Call someone!" Belly says.

"Who?" I ask.

"Jeremiah!" Taylor says. "Jelly for life." She says. I sigh and call Jeremiah. "Belly, my phone is at 2 percent so make it fast."

"Hey, Mack, what's up?" Jeremiah asks. Belly talks to him and then she and Taylor get a giant piece of cloth that's used to cover up a boat and they wrap it around themselves.

"Mackenzie, you have to stay here. It's not going to cover all of us. We'll pick you up then." Belly says. They walk away before I can say anything and now I'm left at the dock by myself with a dead phone and cold, wet clothes.

I sit myself up on the dock and get cold so I put my soaked clothes on but it just makes it worse. If I get back in the water, it's going to be colder. So here I am, sitting on a dock in the middle of the night, soaked and cold.

I see headlights and I get back into the freezing cold water and I get under the dock, scared. Who could it be?