26. Debs & Escorts part 1

I wake up the next day, next to Conrad. "Good morning." Conrad says.

"Good morning." I say. We kiss and look each other in the eyes. "Oh shit." I say.

"Mack, that's the second time you've woken up and your first words include, 'shit'." Conrad says.

"The deb ball is today." I say.

"Oh shit." Conrad says. "You're right."

Then Susannah knocks on the door. "Conrad? Do you know where Mack is?" Susannah asks.

"Yeah she's in here." Conrad says. Susannah opens the door. "So, are you ready?" She asks.

"Nope." I say.

"Well get ready. You too, Conrad." Susannah says. "I'll see you two downstairs." She says. She leaves and closes the door. I relax back in the bed. Conrad puts his hand on my side and he pulls me closer and kisses me. I kiss him back.

"We should probably get ready before my mom literally drags us out of bed." Conrad says.

"Yeah, probably." I say. I laugh a little. Conrad picks me up, bridal style and he carries me to my room.

"You're gonna look hot in that dress." Conrad says. He smirks at me.

"Well, I'm not putting that on yet." I say. "How about we head downstairs for some food?" I ask.

"I'm always ready for food." Conrad says. We both walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Oh yeah, early this morning, I bought some of the good muffins." Conrad says.

"Oh my god, thank you so much." I say. I grab one and start eating it. I see Conrad looking at me. "What?" I ask. Conrad takes his thumb and wipes some crumbs off of my face. "Oh." I say. We both laugh.

"Everyone, stay out of the family room. I've done all of your paintings and I will do the big reveal after the ball tonight." Susannah says.

"Belly, would you like to drive?" Laurel asks. "If that's okay with Mack."

"Yeah that's fine." I say.

"Alright. Let's go." Belly says.

Before I leave, Conrad and I kiss. "After a while crocodile." He says. I laugh and little and leave.

When we get to the club, Belly and I go into the room to get ready and I'm all by myself in there. Belly doesn't want to help me. I go sit down and then Shayla walks over.

"Hey! Nice to see you." She says. "What some help?" She asks.

"Yes. That would be great." I say. She helps me with my makeup and then starts to do my hair. "Oh, I got the rest." I say. "Thanks though." I say.

I grab the bottle of hairspray that Conrad did my hair with before and I do my hair just like he did it.

Then it's time for the dress. I put the dress on and then put on my headband and necklace.

Then we all get in a line. Belly is up first and she goes up to Jere. I see Conrad on the other side of the stage and he is smiling at me. I smile at him too, even though I'm nervous.

Next up is Mackenzie Baker, a student at Far East high school, she raised over 5,000 dollars for women's cancer research in honor of her mother.

I walk up to Conrad's and I take his arm. "You looks stunning." He says. "I love you." He says. I smile huge as we walk down the stairs. When we get on the floor, I hug Laurel and I go stand back next to Conrad.

"I love you too." I whisper. I see Laurel walk away like she's about to cry and then John follows her. She's probably just getting emotional because of Belly. I smile at Conrad as people clap for the debs.

Then the escorts go to start their dance, I see Jeremiah and Steven talking. Jere looks worried but they do the dance. All of the guys start dancing and I smile at Conrad. He looks like he's having a great time. He's such a hot dancer too. Then Steven gets on the floor and starts dancing. I laugh. Then they all dance and pose. Conrad looks at me and smiles. I do the same and everyone claps.