05: Developments

[reader] stared at the tv in the cafe. Her smile falters as the newsmen spoke. From the corner of her eyes, everyone else watched on with shock.

UA was attacked.

Then the police came in. They needed to speak with her. It was nothing serious but it felt like they were viewing her like a monster; how familiar. She was left go within the hour.

"We're being followed," Yu grumbles as he shoves his hands into his pockets the air still chilly.

"Forget it."

[Egg]: I heard the news

[Hummingbird]: yeah one of the hero course class was attacked after I left.

[Egg]: Good thing you weren't hurt 😊

[Hummingbird]: It takes a lot to hurt me.

"They can at least be more subtle," Yu sneers eyes glancing at the person following them.

"Ignore them." Yu groans and look down at his phone.

"Let's close the Cafe early today."

"We close?" [Reader] turns to Yu with a smirk. The older man sent her a glower before stomping off. They had temporarily closed the cafe early as Yu decided to go with [reader].

"You wanna go to a bar?"  Yu snapped his attention to her with a grimace.

"Not today."

"But I pass my interview!"

"You don't know that." [reader] sighs and they grew silent.

"Go catch a ride back to the shrine, tomorrow is your anniversary."

"...You remember?" [reader]'s eyes widen in shock.

"He was your favorite."

"Second," [reader] corrects. Yu rolls his eyes. Yu didn't like him, not many did, a monster is a monster.

"Also visit that weird family you're part of aren't they also in Tokyo?" [reader] smiles. All these years and he still hasn't changed.

A rock in a violent riptide.

"Thanks for reminding me," the two parted their way and left in the opposite direction.

The person followed her. They followed her into the bullet train and all the way to the rural spot in Tokyo.

The family shrine of Haganezuka, but more commonly known as The Eternal Wisteria Shrine of the last Hashira; commonly shortened to the Wisteria Shrine.

"Home sweet home." She smiles before rummaging for her keys. Her mood lightens as the thick red oaken doors open to the darkened courtyard. Here her ancestor married into the Gojo family.

Here is where memories are made.

The person hid behind a car. They were loud in their movement, their scent carried strong on the wind. To think they are hiding is funny.

[reader] walks in and lets out a sigh setting her bag down in the courtyard. The wind smelled of wisteria and spider lilies. She turns her head to the mountain and a sad smile forms.

Maybe I should go visit that old thing.

A crow lands on her head before the giant gates swing close behind her. It has been a few months since she has been here, there is no need until she begins to feel sentimental.

The floor gave out a small groan as she steps on a loose wood plank. She shuffled down the hall passing portraits of her female ancestors. There is a common saying in her family: A families of daughter stem from a demon. No sons have been born in the last 1,400 years.

She passes the room of heroes, passes the room of blacksmiths, passes the room of the founding families. All the way to a small little locked door. It looked like a janitor's closet.

[reader] looked around and enter.

Kou jump a fence and sprinted as fast as he could. Damn! The security guard came around earlier than he was scheduled to. He jumps down the stairs and dashes to the right trying to shake off the older man. He crashes right into a fence and begins to climb over it.

"Stop where you are kid," Kou turns to find Hawks landing right in front of him his feathers all around him.

"You're in a lot of trouble," Hawks sighs, "this is private property, and a teen like you shouldn't be here."

Clink!

Kou stared at the cuffs the police put on him. He sighs and looks away. Again really? His eyes drifted to the hero...OH!

"Hey hey hey," Kou said with excitement, "can I make a phone call?" He asks the hero. Hawks stared at the boy. His bright smile made him suspicious.

The boy was very beautiful, white hair and blue-eyed. When he smiled he had dimples too. He kinda reminded Hawks of  [reader] they shared the same bright smile.

"Why?"

"To call my Aunt!" Hawks pulled out his phone and looked at the boy expectingly.

"What?"

"Phone number?"

"Go to your contacts," the boy smirks.

"Why?" Hawks narrow his eyes.

"You have her phone number."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"How would I know your aunt kid?" Hawks sighs loudly.

"Because you asking for her number went pretty viral," Kou annunciates his words with a wide grin. Hawks' eyes widen and he stared at the boy.

This brat is related to [reader]?

"Prove it." Hawks fold his arm, and Kou rolls his eyes.

"Name Gojo [reader], she has [color 1] hair, [color 2] eyes, and dimples so pretty ya fall in love—"

"Alright," Hawks interrupts and calls [reader]. He walked away.

"Hey."

"Um... This boy says you're his aunt."

"Yeah, white hair blue eyes."  Hawks turn around and put his phone on speaker.

"KOU! YOUR SUCH A GOJO!" The loud angry voice of [reader] comes screeching from Hawks' phone. Hawks flinch he didn't know much anger can come from [reader]. The boy, Kou recoiled back, but his smile widen.

"Your better than dad—"

"I'll make you wish you called your dad!" she shouts back.

"What police station will he be at?" She demands.

"Tokyo metropolitan police station."

Boop.

"She hung up," Hawks states, he turn to Kou and stared at him blankly. "You are in a lot of trouble."

[reader] stared at the clock. It moved by so slowly. 2 minutes. 5 minutes. 7 minutes. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. 25 minutes.

The sound of shuffling footsteps pulled her attention from the clock. There in handcuffs was Kou. He looked at her with a smile.

"You little shit."