14: Gone with the wind

More assignments were on [reader]'s desk. As the sports festival drew nearer the more the heroes were busy. They were making preparations and had little time to grade assignments. They were wrapping up the security details and are reaching out to heroes across Japan. 

"All Might," [reader] calls out. The thin man turns around with a smile. "Here's the report analysis."

"Thank you young Gojo." The older man smiles.

She looks at the stack of papers, this was for class 1A. She quickly looked at the answer sheet and then began to grade the multiple-question answers. Those are always easy to grade, but the written response is up for debate. 

"Aizawa," She calls out. the dark-haired man peered over the barrier. "How do you want me to grade the written response?" She asked. Some teachers are more lenient to those they know work hard and less so to those who don't.

"To the letter, no favoritism." She nods and begins to go through the written replies. Those who followed the instructions went by at a steady rate, but those written by those who didn't understand dragged out the time. Hours pass as she slowly deciphers the assignments of class 1A.

Lunch rolled around and [reader] pulled up Kou's grades. He was succeeding in the hero classes, but his English grades were poor along with his history grade. She frowns, time to be an aunt. She stands up and walks to find her great-grandson. 

She entered the cafeteria and spotted her great-grandson making a fool of himself for his classmate's amusement. She silently walked up to the laughing boy, waiting for him to notice her existence. Kou backed up into [reader] before freaking out.

"Aunty!"

"Kou," [reader] gives the boy a cold smile.

"Yes?"

"Why are your English grades bad?" He knew the language and spoke it like a natural English speaker. He shouldn't be failing the language she taught him.

"I well—," The boy awkwardly begins, "School English and actual English aren't the same." Kou was right, English taught by school was far harder to understand.

"Alright," [reader] nods but not believing her descendent, "Why are you failing modern quirk history?" She cocks her head to the side. Kou out of everyone in this cafeteria knows more about modern quirk history as that was what she'd been working on majority of his childhood.

"..." [reader] sighs.

"Turn your assignments in, alright. Your grades aren't bad but I don't want it to fall into a place of uncertainty. So do your work." The boy nods.

"I know you're more focused on the sports festival, but you better stay focused on academics too."

Paper. Paper. Paper. So much paper. [reader] made the mistake of entering the printing room. It was a mess. Paper littered the floor. She looked around, she needed to print a few things out for classes, but this was a warzone. 

"Oh my god." She groans, ignores the mess, and walks to the printer. She scanned what she needed copies of and waited for them to print.

"What happened here?" Yamada pokes his head in.

"I don't know, from the look of things students." [reader] said as she peered down at her feet. "It looks like they printed an essay on repeat."

"Great another student body meeting." Yamada sighs, before turning back to her.

"Are you excited for the sports festival?"

"I'm excited for the second year." Yamada nods.

"Your nephew?" She nods to confirm his question.

"The first years are going to be packed."

"Really?"

"They have a rep. from the USJ incident." [reader] nods her head as she picks up the stack of paper she printed.

"I'm still printing out consent forms for the students. A few lost their copies." Present Mic chuckles.

"Someone always does. that's why you always print more."

"I assumed too much," [reader] sighs. She expected students to have their shit together when her own nephew embodied their generation perfectly; a hot mess.

"It's your first time, next time you're gonna print too many copies, no worries." the blonde hums happily.

"Your commentator for the sports festival, right?"

"Yup."

"Must be nerve-racking having to entertain everyone."

"You get used to it."

"You're a great help," Yamada states, "You're making this hot mess more manageable."

"I'm doing what I'm paid for," She smiles as she sets the copy of consent forms down on the table for teachers to take at their own leisure. 

"You're still a great help," He smiles as he sits at his desk. [reader] goes back to her desk and back to the stack of assignments that need to be assessed.

Nightfall. Less women were out. The police had made a public announcement for women to walk in groups or stay home. [reader] walks the street trying to catch the scent of demons. All night long she couldn't find a single demon. [reader] frowns, what the hell? They can't just vanish— have they moved to a different area?

Daybreak and [reader] wasn't happy. She couldn't find a single trace of a demon. Either it was a small scare and she killed all the demons which was highly unlikely in her opinion, or the demons are avoiding this area. They were gone with the wind. [reader] walked into UA with a persistent frown. Her attitude didn't go unnoticed.

"What's wrong?" Midnight asked.

"The recent crime spree of a murdered woman is upsetting." It's true, [reader] is very upset over the fact those women were killed by demons.

"Don't fret, heroes are working those cases." [reader] nods but that wasn't a hopeful thought. she didn't want heroes to be turned and tempted by their demonic desires. They would be far more dangerous than the standard civilians being turned.

"It's going to be ok." Midnight comfort. It will be okay because [reader] will take care of it. So far all the victims of demons haven't turned to demons. So far only the progenitor is turning people into demons. If more people move in groups it is harder to turn people into demons.

Days went by and [reader] couldn't find demons anywhere. Yushiro even went with her for three nights and they could find no trace of the demons. The murders of the women were put onto a random man— a woman hater who claimed all the murders as his own.

"Don't stay here too late," Yamada calls out from the car, "Sports festival is tomorrow!"