17: Hero names!

"Gojo, do you want to help me with something?" Midnight asks leaning on [reader]'s desk.

"What is it Midnight?"

"The first years are going to do a hero work study, this is the first time we are doing this, but that means Hero name. Would you like to help me judge?"

"Sure." [reader] picked up a stack of papers she needed to drop off for Eraser Head.

Midnight hands over a clipboard with the names of each student and a blank spot for their hero name. The two women continue to walk to class 1A. Apparently, 1B's teacher Vlad King will be doing their names. It seems like class 1A's homeroom teacher doesn't care for these things. A little unprofessional if you ask [reader].

They waited hearing the muffled voice of Aizawa and the students chatting. "... You'll have hell to pay later!" Midnight state pushing the door open.

"What you pick today can be your code name for life. you better be careful, or you'll be stuck with something utterly indecent." Midnight states waltzing into the classroom. [reader] walked after the pro hero and waited next to Aizawa, clipboard in hand.

"Yeah. She got a good point," Aizawa hums tiredly, "Midnight is going to have final approval over your names. It's not my forte."

"The name you give yourself is important it helps reinforce your image and shows what kind of hero you want to be in the future. A codename tells people exactly what you represent." Soon the whiteboards were handed out as Eraser Head crawled into his sleeping bag. How lazy.

[reader] looks around the students many looked excited and others looked a little nervous, a few must have some codenames in mind, and others never truly considered it until now. About five minutes pass before Midnight spoke again.

"Now students who among you is ready to share?" A Flash of horror etched themselves on the student's faces. Clearly, they didn't think they were sharing it. No one stepped up until one did a confident one from the look of things.

"Hold your breath," He begins a strange smile on his face, "The shining hero: My name is I can not stop twinkling." [reader] frowns that name was a complete mouth full and to be honest it was shit. Midnight took the name seriously and helped the student condense the name down to Can't Stop Twinkling. It was still bad but hey, it's not's [reader]'s hero name. The student broke into objections confused by the fact Midnight liked it, and whether the guy was French or not.

The next one was a girl with pink skin, Mina if [reader] remembered quickly. She steps to the ground and sets her whiteboard down. "Alien queen." It had a nice ring to it.

"Hold on! Like that horrible monster with the acidic blood? I don't think so." The students looked very objected to that name. It was far better than the first one.

"I think it fits." [reader] speaks up looking at the crowd straight on.

"You think so?" Midnight turns to you a little surprise.

"When I think Alien Queen I think of royalty in space, not an alien monster." She kindly explains to Midnight who considers her words.

"Alright, Mina you can keep that code name." Mina Ashido cheered and gave [reader] a quick hug before sitting down.

The next one was a girl with green hair, Tsuyu Asui. She stepped forth and told the crowd she had this name for a while. "the rainy season hero: Froppy." The students begin to chant Froppy, a little less anxious.

Midnight completely liked the name as it was welcoming and charming. [reader] looks down at her clipboard and writes down the hero names of each student. It was to keep track of the student's name before it was uploaded into the school's system. Soon reader had a list of hero names.

"Sturdy Hero: Red Riot."

"Hearing Hero: Earphone Jack."

"The Tentacle Hero: Tentacole."

"The Taping Hero: Cellphone."

"Martial Arts Hero: Tailman."

"Sweets Hero: Sugarman."

"Stun Gun Hero: Chargebolt."

"The Stealth Hero: Invisible Girl."

As students came up to the front, a few names were obvious, and others still on the nose but more unique took [reader] by surprise. These students knew what they wanted to be called. Soon she had her list filled out. All Except for one, Katsuki Bakugou. A few students chose their names.

As the naming process comes to a close Eraser Head sturs and stands up and passes out the paper's [reader] brought to the class. It was the list of offers and the list of agencies the students could pick from.

"Now that everyone's decided on their hero names, we can go back to talking about your upcoming internships. They'll last for one week." Erser Head explains still half in his sleeping bag. "As for who you'll be working with: Those of you who were on the board will choose from among your offers, everyone else will have a different list." All the students had a lot to think about. They need to pick a hero who will expand their knowledge and fit their brand.

The bell rang and both Midnight and [reader] left the classroom, leaving the students mumbling and excited. As they leave the classroom [reader] looks out the window, it's dark and gloomy. "It's going to rain," she tells the pro hero.

"Indeed hope you brought an umbrella."

"Naturally." It rained for a few hours before letting up. Soon it was sunset and the clouds disparted. The day rolled by and [reader] was computing the first year's hero name into the system.

"Internships, huh?" [reader] looks up to see Snipe walking to Eraser Head who's slow;y reading through some of his students' picks.

"Yeah. A few students already chose theirs."

"It's an important time for them. Make sure they do it right, plenty a' third years around her still regret their picks."

"Of course," Eraser Head lazily hums. [reader] went back to uploading the names. It wasn't hard but a little tedious if I asked her.

As the days pass the tale of a hero killer springs to life. [reader] gazes at the TV in the cafe along with other customers. Killed 17 heroes and severely injured 23. Was this a demon? Sure this must be a demon, no human could be capable of this. This demon goes by the name of Stain.