024

Mia knew how she was getting closer to having the baby. She was worried about how it was going to change things between her and Iain.

She knew that she was scared that it wasn't going to work. She just had to pray that it was going to. That despite all the odds, they could do it. They could make it work.

She knew all they had been through. And while it wasn't always simple, it was their relationship. They had their ups and downs. But they always made it work.

Despite all the bad that had happened, they made it work which Mia was grateful for. They had overcome all the obstacles in their way. Mainly Rita.

Mia knew how she missed her mum. But at the same time, she felt like she and Iain were meant to be. That they had more of a connection to each other.

Mia knew that they went about it the wrong way. But they had been drawn together.

All that Mia knew was that her life was changing. And she didn't know what to do to make it work. If it would even work. She was worried. And she wanted her and Iain to survive.

Morning came and Mia woke in bed alone. Iain was on the night shift. She grabbed her phone and text him. Once she was ready, she climbed out of bed and headed for a shower.

She groaned as she felt the baby moving. She knew how close she was to giving  birth. She knew how scared she was for that whole process. But she somehow had to make it through.

She had to think of the positives. That she was going to be a mum. That she and Iain were starting their own family together.

She just wanted it to work. But it wasn't going to be easy.

***
Mia went into work. She saw Grace and walked over to her. "Hey. How you doing mama?" Grace asked as she locked her car.

Mia nodded. "I'm good. Why do you look guilty?"

"You literally can't tell anyone I slept with Sam Strachan last night. And I loved it. I just... I don't know. I feel guilty. But I don't at the same time."

Mia raised her eyebrows. "What about Cal?"

"I think he's sleeping with Alicia. I'm not sure. I saw them both together. And i didn't think nothing of it. But now, it's like... too much is happening," Grace said.

"Just be careful. I don't want you getting hurt," Mia said.

***
Mia smiled as she saw Iain. He walked over to her and kissed her lips gently. He smiled. "You sleep okay?" He asked as he held her close.

Mia nodded. "I would have slept better with you."

"Soppy git."

Mia smiled. She rested her head on his chest and sighed. "I love you. And I can't wait for the life that we're about to create together. Promise that no matter what happens, we'll always have each other?" She said.

Iain kissed her and smiled. "I promise you baby."

The two of them kissed again. But could Iain keep the promise? Especially when faces from the past came back to haunt them.

Our secret (Casualty)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें