chapter 8

***

Doorbell

***

Harry woke up to an empty left side of the bed as he reached his arms out. He opened his eyes with a frown seeing a yellow sticky note on his head. Harry peeled it off his face to see Louis wrote him a note

"Morning baby, hope you slept well, I want you to rest today, don't even think about making dinner for us later we're getting takeout, so just relax, make sure you have breakfast and lunch though, I will know if you don't baby. I took the kids to school, don't worry I packed them lunch and no it isn't just chocolate I threw an apple in there too. I'm running out of space so enjoy your day, Daddy loves you. Ps we all gave your face loads of kisses before we left"

Harry chuckled to himself slightly loving the note. He moved to his cupboard (not before pulling on his boxers) and pulled out the box of memories he keeps. He placed the sticky note alongside the kid's art project and random rocks and sticks that he took when he went on dates with lou before the twins. He smiles seeing the paintbrush that he shoved in there from the time they were painting their bedroom and ended up getting distracted. Louis fucked him against the wet wall which they had to paint over and Louis joked that he wanted to keep it as a memory but he argued it was inappropriate.

Meanwhile, Louis was at work, he worked at the hotel that he and Harry stayed in, it's not a lot of money but it's just extra. Any money they get they save for the kid's future. They use Harry and Louis's money after the police found out where they are planning on "retiring" as they said, which Louis objects, but they say it anyways. They helped him get his bank cards back as well as Harry's So money wise there fine.

He hates to admit it but maples words were dawning on him. Was Harry just using him? He thought but quickly shook it away he's not letting Maple ruin his marriage. He's been to hell and back and he's not letting one woman tear them apart now.

Harry decided to get changed before moving downstairs once he got to the kitchen the doorbell rang making him freeze slightly "It can't be louis" he mumbles to himself before moving to the door. The shadow in the window was a woman. He started to worry that it was maple. His little brain started torchering him, playing back visuals of the day before, hearing her screaming at him right in his ear. The doorbell rang again making him jump and run to the house phone immediately calling up louis

"Daddy daddy daddy help!" Harry said whispering through the phone "Baby? Why are you whi-whats going on?" Louis said turning serious "S-she's here" Louis's eyes widened as he drooped the towels he was hallway and ran to the lift pressing the button frantically "I'll be there in less than a minute baby stay right there okay?" Harry shook his head "nuhu no no no no she's scary Daddy she's gonna get me!" Harry said starting to cry as the doorbell rang again "Shh it's okay I'm on my way, go to our room and cuddle into my clothes" Harry couldn't move. He was frozen. His thoughts took over him quicker than he could say "h-help" as pictures of Simon, Liam, Andrew and Harper!! ALL came flashing into his head, screaming at him.

Harry was cowering with the phone gripped in his hands as the doorbell turned to bang, turned to scream, turned to a dead Liam storming in holding him at gunpoint! "AHHHHHHH" Harry screamed loud enough for louis could hear through the phone "Baby?! Baby, can you hear me? What's going on?? Are you okay??" Harry couldn't breathe as Louis pulled up to the drive seeing a woman standing by the door ringing the bell again.

Louis was about to storm out when she turned around. It was the social services woman. Louis frowned instantly still having Harry on the phone freaking out. "Oh, louis there you are" she smiles making Louis frown "Excuse me for a sec-" he says moving past her and unlocking the door to find Harry on the floor screaming "BABY!!" Louis shouted running to Harry and kneeling by his side in a second "Shh shh daddys here baby breath" Louis said pulling him into his chest.