Chapter 8

Vegas

I was in the office, so board. I spun my pen for almost an hour.

*knock knock

"Come in" I called.

"Vegas..." Porsche walked in. We are having a party at my house, do you want to join?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes. "You can bring Pete if you want".

"Pete can't and I can't either" I said as I got up. "My shift is over, am leaving" I left my office and Porsche followed and closed the door behind. "Okay, what ever you are comfortable with, oh also am leaving early today, Kinn came to pick me up so am closing the Company early".

"Do what ever you want"

Porsche walked toward Kinn's car. "Bye" he waved his hand at me before riding.

I was so exhausted from doing nothing, work was so boring these days. Am always excited to go home after work, seeing Pete makes me happy, his smile melts my heart.

I drove past Pete's favorite curry shop, So I decided to buy him some Curry and Klua Kling.

"100 Bht" the guy said as he handed me the food. "Here" I gave him the money.

"Thanks, and please come again"

I left the shop and drove back home. I opened the door and saw Pete rocking Venice to sleep. "Hey how was your day?". I looked at Venice whom eyes were going to close.

It was 10:50, and Venice usually sleeps SO late. That's okay, Pete's mine today.

"Hey Pete I brought you some curry, do you want to eat with me". He smiled then nodded.

He carried Venice and put him in bed, then he sat at the dining table where I was.

"Can you eat this Vegas, it's spicy"

"That's okay, it's totally fine, there is plenty of water in this house" I smiled. "Are you sure" Pete asked "yes" I took a bite. My face turned red and my stomach started to hurt. But I kept a smile to show Pete that am okay.

Pete grabbed my spoon and placed it on the table. "I will make you an omelette" Pete said as he got up. He walked to the kitchen.

While he was making the omelette, I sighed then rested my head on the chairs back. Then everything went black.

...........

I woke up to realizing that I have slept, and left Pete alone, I was so sad because it was my only chance with Pete without Venice disturbing. I got and started to look around for Pete, but saw Macau.

"What are you doing Hia?" Macau asked. "Where is Pete?" I put my hand on his shoulder. "In the kitchen making breakfast" he said as he gave me the confused look. "Alright bye" I walked away.

I saw Pete in the kitchen holding the plates ready to go serve them. "Peeeeeeeete" I gave him a back hug. "Am sorry".

"For what?" He said as he placed the plates on the counter. "Am sorry that I slept yesterday and couldn't eat with you". Pete looked in my eyes and brushed my hair behind my ear. "That's okay, let's go eat".

"P Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeete, am hungry come on!!!!" Macau was waiting on the table. "Vegas can you take the food, I will go get Venice" Pete said and I nodded immediately.

......

As soon as all of us sat on the table, Nop came in a hurry. "Mr Vegas" Nop was breathing so heavily. "You- have to see- this" I got up from my chair. "What?" I told him but he looked at Pete. So I grabbed him to the side. "Just come!!!" He said as he pulled me to walk toward the front door.

Pete

It's been 10 minutes since Vegas was gone, I got worried so I left the table. "P Pete where are you going" Macau said as he stopped me. "Am hungry". "You can eat, feed Venice too" I told him then left.

I walked to the front door and saw Nop and Vegas staring down at something. "Vegas" I called, but he startled. "Umm hi" he waved at me "move, what are you looking at" I pushed them both and was shocked at what I saw. It was a baby around three months old.

"What is this Vegas?!" I said as looked at him. "I don't know" he looked so scared. My eyes caught something sticking out from under the baby's pillow. So I knelt down and grabbed it.

I opened it and started to read.

You think you could get away and leave
Me to raise this baby alone, well guess what, I can find you where ever you go, take care of Ven, and don't you dare bring him back to me, he need you more than me, and I have a long life ahead of me, I don't want to waste it on your kid. Also changing your name won't help.

I was shocked as I read the letter, I looked at Vegas. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME" tears started to flow. "WHAT?" Vegas grabbed the paper from my head and read it. "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING" Vegas held my hand but I pushed him away. I looked at Nop whose soul was almost gone.

I walked inside my room and slammed the door shut. "Pete, PETE listen to me, I would never do such a thing". Vegas was knocking on the door nonstop. "What's wrong Hia" I heard Macau's voice. Vegas ignored him.

........

I stayed in my room the whole day thinking about what I just read. I got up from bed and walked toward the door, I was hungry. I put my ear toward the door to hear if anyone was there, but I heard nothing. So I unlocked the door quietly and slowly. And looked to the right, and when I looked to the left, Vegas pushed me inside the room and closed and locked the door.

"Pete I would never do such a thing" he kept telling me but I kept shaking my head. "I don't believe you!" Macau knocked on the door. "HIA, WHO IS THIS PLEASE TELL ME!" Macau voice was trembling, I don't know what is he scared of.

"Go away, how do you want me to believe you, do you have any proof!!" Vegas let go of my hand and looked straight into my eyes. "Pete, how could you not believe me, we have been together for almost 2 years"

I turned my head to the side not wanting to face him, I felt a little embarrassed for not believing him.

I took a deep breath, then left. Macau was standing outside of the door waiting. "P Pete" he hugged me. "I thought you and Hia will break up" I looked at Vegas who was inside the room looking at me.

"Let's go Macau am hungry" when I walked downstairs I saw the baby laying the couch, and Venice staring at him with hateful eyes.

"P Pete, whose baby is this" Macau asked. "I don't know". I carried Venice and put him on his high chair. "Feed him" I told Macau.

I went and sat next to the baby, he was sleeping. Am gonna have to take care of him until we find his mom.

Hello guys, sorry for posting this chapter late.
I have been going through a lot of things, and I barely had time to look at my phone.😭
I wrote this chapter a long time ago, but I never had time to revise it.
Anyway, I hope you like this chapter.
Please tell me your opinion on it.
Love you💕💕