Chapter 10

Pete

I left the car and ran after him. "VEGAS CALM DOWN". But then I ran back to the car for the kids. I looked at them. "Can I trust you Venice, please take care of him for a minute".

Venice looked at me and smiled like he understood what I said. I gave him a little smile back then ran after Vegas.

As soon as I got there. I saw 4 of the kids on the floor, and the 5th was apologizing to Macau.

"Are you okay?" I asked the 4 kids on the floor as I helped them up.

"Are these your bullies Macau" Vegas asked him. "Hia let's go" Macau just wanted to leave.

"Am telling my mom" one of the kids cried after I helped him up.

"Listen dudes, if you get close to my brother again, I will show you something that is worse than what you experienced today" Vegas told them, then grabbed Macau's hand and walked toward the car.

"Am sorry" I told them. Vegas stopped and looked at me. So I ran to him.

"Vegas why did you do that!" I said quietly. He ignored my question.

"Hia, it hurts".

Vegas let go of Macau's hand.

"Vegas you have to apologize, they might call the police!". I stoped him.

Vegas looked at Macau. "Go to the car". And without hesitation, Macau ran to the car.

Vegas placed both hands on my two shoulders. "Listen Pete, i don't care". Then he walked away.

"OF COURSE, YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING". I looked at the car and saw Macau staring from the window.

As I walked toward the car, I mumbled random shit.

I opened the cars door, Vegas was sitting in his seat waiting. "OF COURSE YOU DON'T CARE, YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME NOR MACAU, YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT HOW MACAU WOULD FEEL ABOUT THIS, HUH" I yelled at him as soon I closed the door.

"Put your seat belt" Vegas told me. But I didn't. So Vegas just started driving at full speed, then took a big break, I would have flew if Vegas didn't hold me.

"See this is why you should wear your seatbelt" he said as he put it on for me, then he gave me peck on my cheek. "Am sorry" he said. "I won't do it again".

"You say this all the time, but you keep doing it"

it's my turn to sulk for once. "Okay am sorry". He kept apologizing.

"Hia, will you be okay after what you did" Macau asked with a scared voice. "Don't worry" Vegas told him. "They call me a Mafia for a reasons".

......

Once we got home, I put the baby to sleep. Venice was sitting on the carpet waiting for his turn.

"Come here" I gave Venice grabby hands, he jumped into my arms. He held on me very tight as if I was gonna let him go.

"Am sorry Venice, I care about you more than anyone, but you know this is a baby, and it's innocent , I have to care for it" I gave him a smile.

Venice closed his eyes very tightly.  I pulled him closer.

........

"Pete....." I heard Vegas calling my name. "Wake up, come sleep on bed" he brushed my hair with his hand. I guess I slept without realizing it.

I carried Venice to bed silently and put him in his bed then carried the other baby and brought him to bed with me.

"Seriously Pete......" Vegas looked at me as I put the Baby in between us. "But why here..." "just sleep" I told him. "But-"

"Why do you have a problem with every kid" I interrupted him before he gets to finish his sentence. "I just don't-"

"Quit it" I interrupted again. Vegas Humphed then turned on his left giving his back to me.

A Week Later

In the morning, as I was cooking, Vegas and Macau were on the couch I heard them talking about what to write in order to find the mom.

"MISSING MOM! If you put your baby on my front Porch, please come get it, it ain't ours, you should know the address by now" Vegas suggested.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Macau let out a loud laugh. "Hia, that's funny, we should do it"

"Alright, let me just-"

"VENICEEEEEEEEEEE" I heard Vegas screaming so I immediately ran to them. "What happened!" I glanced at Venice, I almost cried. Venice was standing on his two little legs. And Vegas was hugging him. Then I looked at Macau, he looked traumatized.

"Venice" I said softly as I walked toward him. "Are you walking". As soon as I got there, Venice fell right on his butt. "Venice did you just walk!" I hugged him as soon as Vegas let go.

Venice started to giggle. Macau came toward us. "Hia, you look more happy than P Pete" Macau teased Vegas. "Well- I-"

Macau and I, even Venice were starring at Vegas waiting for a response.

"Am just happy that I don't have to carry him anymore" Vegas said as he got up. "Ok, lets eat" I said with a smile, I was just so happy.

At that time Vegas forgot to post the news on social media.

........

After breakfast Vegas suggested to go somewhere. "Well that's weird from you, you never ever suggest to go anywhere" I told him.

"Well am feeling bored at home, especially that I live with kids, and a busy hubby"

"Hubby? that sounds so cringey" I told him after a got that sudden shiver. "If y'all don't want to go anywhere, then thats totally fine-"

"NOOOOO" Macau screamed. "Can we go to the mall, I need to shop for new clothes"

"Okay" I said. "I want some new clothes too".

"Alright then" Vegas said as he carried Venice.