01

I watched Elemental and I liked it! It was a good movie. Even if people keep saying it aged like milk. As if it aged like Zootopia. I thought about this while watching the movie.

She watched him sleeping that one time. And while he slept he said her name. It was her name.

And even if this was years ago. When water fills the railways above the shop...

When water leaks from the pipes...

Ember knows.. he is here.

She sighed as she slumped against the counter. There must have been at least only four customers. Her Ashfa would be so disappointed.

She winced as she heard the two customers in the back wince as the pipes leaked. And she knew they did when one of them winced.

"Argh! Your pipes keep leaking." He complained.

Ember chuckled nervously and then quickly walked there to fix them.

"Hehe, sorry about that." She apologized.

Her eyes widened as she heard the door opening. The door that connected the shop to the house. The upstairs.

"Mommy?"

That was Jade. Her daughter...

Six years ago she met someone. But Ember knew it would never work. She was fire... and he was water! But.. when they both learned that they could touch without hurting each other. It was all too good.

And when they almost did it. She asked herself what she was doing. It felt like she was betraying her father in some way. Seeing water...

His name was Wade...

"Water not good!" He would say, whenever a water element hurt them.

But she gave in the second time. Not to her desires. Because there was no way that she would have enjoyed that.

Haha, younger Ember was foolish. But now, older her knows...

She loves him...

But when they did it, It was too late. Too late to say another word. Ember tells herself it was just a casual thing. Nothing more.

And when she found out she was pregnant... she couldn't. Her Mother knew who it was. They had done the test after all.Who fathered Jade her Ashfa had asked. But she lied and said it was some random fire she probably wouldn't see again. It was half the truth. She really did believe she would never see Wade again.

But then Jade came out as obsidian. And she knew she had to tell her Dad the truth. So when he did he was disappointed in her. Upset at her for seeing water. And he had wondered if "Water Guy" had raped her. But she denied it.

Her Mother calmed him down. Raising Jade was a journey. It was hard as well. And with Wade being not in her life made it worse. Why did she name Jade wel.. Jade? She had no idea. Doesn't water make Jade?

She was born in the shop. With the help of a midwife. And when she came out that was when her Ashfa knew she had lied.

She was thankful for their help. But now they are gone...

Jade was only three when it happened but they passed away. He retired and then both him and Cider died. And that left the shop to her.

But she didn't... she didn't feel so great when she took over. Her stupid temper would come in the way. She always tried to think of Jade when she felt like she was boiling with anger.

But coming back to her daughter.. who was standing in the shop now. Holding her magma teddy bear.

"Mommy?" She asked.

Ember was quick to pull her back upstairs. And Jade knew that she wasn't supposed to be downstairs. Who knew what people would say when they found the way she looked. Ember had seen how people had been towards her and her father. She couldn't allow Jade to go through that.

So whenever she did have to take her outside, in public, Ember made sure Jade had her hoodie to hide how she looked.

"Mommy, can I have a Coal Ball?" Jade asked.

How could Ember say no to those eyes? Those glossy beautiful magma looking eyes?

She calmed down her inner purple fire and then reached for some.

"Thanks Mommy!" Jade said, and then she happily took off, taking an enormous bite out of the coal ball.

Yes.. even after all these years she still hopes that Wade will come back. Love cannot die out. It's not a candle. It is a different thing.