03

Dang! Y'all love this story. Thanks for the votes and the bookmarks.

"It goes here."

Ember had found Thorn to be a Thorn in her side. Sometimes, he was better than her. He did things better than she ever would.

What was worse was that customers loved him. And he was so charismatic at times. It honestly annoyed her. What hidden talents did he have that she didn't have?

Right now as they were cleaning up the shop, Ember was on the phone since it rang.

"Oh?"

Ember could not believe what she was hearing. Her Aunt Cindy and Uncle Conde were coming...

Oh right! The family reunion. She forgot about that.

"Uh yeah." She answered.

"Okay."

She hung up after Cindy hung up.

Oh god oh god she forgot about the family reunion.

Ember should explain. Apparently she had an Aunt and Uncle named Cindy and Conde. From her Mother's side. She hadn't heard from them since her Grandmother died.

Cindy and Conde had over five children. There was her Cousin Brunei. There were twin brothers Cody and Broodie. There was Rachel, Jamilynn. And then baby Conde.

What was the song her Mother sang to her once? She was sure it went like..

When a sparkle grows up

They set out and try to find someone

Hustling mothers try and find  someone for a young flare

But they know themselves

That that the job is all up to them 

Ah. She forgot the rest. And the whole song was Firish.

~~~

For the first time in Brook Ripple's life... she felt cold.

She missed her youngest baby boy since he had gone and went to travel the world. And the sad part was how he wanted to do it with his father.

And she knew someone was suffering. She could feel that someone was missing someone.

~~~

For the first time in Jade's life she didn't know why her Mommy was frozen like that. All she asked was where her Daddy was.

"Mommy, where's Daddy?"

It hit Ember like a rocket. Like the heat was all of a sudden too much for her to handle. Such a question like that... she didn't know how to answer it.

"He...." She trailed off...

There was no way to answer that. The last time she and Wade saw each other was at her Father's retirement party and they had to talk to each other privately. She said that she didn't love him. Even though that was a complete lie. She was older now and therefore she could own up to the fact that she was a 22 year old fool.

She did in fact hold feelings for him. Her Mother convinced her. How she did she would never know.

So she wouldn't lie.

"I don't know where he is." She admitted.

"Oh." Jade said, sounding disappointed.

"Goodnight Mommy." Jade said and then basically sank into the covers.

Ember smiled too.

"Goodnight."

~~~

Having Thorn be more and more of a great employee made Ember boil. And not in the way she enjoyed.

"Come on. I mean is he better than me?" She asked Fara,

"Yes." She nodded her head.

~~~

Ohhh oh it hurts...

What's taking her so long? She was taking way too long to be brought into the world.

"Ashit!" She cursed.

A little foot cranked to her side, making Ember cry out.

I swear! The drama happens at some point.