02

I just learned obsidian can't be in water for long.... Imma use that. Also get it? Wade? Jade?

Ember has been thinking about what Fara has talked to her about. He had been going on and on about hiring employees. Because it was getting dangerous with the fact that there were things to do. Ember couldn't do that on her own. Employees did sound like a good idea...

Argh! But the problem was money! If she hired people to the shop then she risked even more financial problems. And maybe she could almost lose the store! And she couldn't... she wouldn't risk that.

So that is why Amber was saying no to the whole employees thing. Thanks though, Fara!

But now that she was thinking about it.. maybe she should allow it. Sure... now there was enough money to allow it for some time. And if she had some employees then there would be more help around The Fireplace.

So she would take on Fara on that offer. Since she had told her about some people who would love to work at The Fireplace.

Right now.. she would enjoy having Coal Nuts with Jade.

~~~

In the early morning where she didn't have days she would open up. Such as holidays. She would be interviewing some other fires. She had put up Help Wanted signs in the shop.

Ember would be very direct with the soon-to-be-hireds. And she would be careful with who she hired to help in her Ashfa's shop.

"So, you are an expert in Firish and you help with the coffee machines?" She said, reading off what appeared to be the man's resume.

He nodded.

"We don't have any coffee machines here. And also.. Ashi Jo?" She asked. And then added.

"Bishah." He answered.

She nodded. Rather impressed.

"Alright then."

God, she could only afford one employee.

"I will look this over and give you a call." Ember said, in a determined tone.

The man nodded and then left.

Ember sighed. She turned her head to face a certain someone who appeared downstairs.

"Mommy, who was that?" Jade asked.

"No one, Candle. Just a possible employer." Ember said.

"Employer?" Jade asked, confused.

"Someone who wants to work in the shop." Ember responded.

She put the resume away and decided she would look at it later.

"Hey, Mommy..." Jade said, walking over to her Mother and pulling on her hoodie.

"Will I ever run store?"

Ember paused.. she looked into her daughter's magmay-obsidian, oh so riddled in cracks of purple. She was so beautiful.

She picked her up. Wow, she was getting heavy. Such a big girl now.

"When you are older. And when you are ready." She answered.

Jade gave off a satisfied giggle as she shook her feet. Steam came out of her small nose and Ember put her down so she could run upstairs and go back to playing with her toys.

Ember had three things that were worth living for. She knew Wade was somewhere.. and that he would come back. There was the shop she had to run. And the most important thing was Jade. She was worth every slap in the face she faced.

And as long as she can keep believing. She knows that love isn't a small weak little flame. It cannot die. And Wade will return.

He will come back.

~~~

He was sleeping right beside her. And as much as Ember wanted to scream, what had she done!? She knew.. her Mother told the truth. It was a match. But a very dangerous one.

"..ber."

Ember turned to face her supposed lover. Trying to process what Wade was saying.

"Ember..."

That was her name. And... that was her name..

~~~

Just keep believing. He'll come back.

Ember sighed. Okay.. this Thorn Thornton (What kind of name is that?) was everything he told her to be. And he sounded.. trustworthy..

Well she believed she just found an employee to hire at The Fireplace.

"Well Mr. Thornton you are approved." She chuckled under her breath.

~~~

It was official. Thorn was now an employee at The Fireplace. And Ember was hoping that he would make an excellent worker.

Yikes. This isn't much. I make sure every chapter has at least a 710 word count. And by 710 I mean at least 710 words. ​​​​​​​