07

Ember needs hugs and therapy. Jade and Wade can help with one of those.

I fear for her mental health in this. One vote = One therapy session for Ember. :(

After her parents died... the world became dark. Her world was ending. And the faces.. they became dark. Eyes that are full of color in the town, are now dead.

Nothing matters. There's just three things that exist in this world. Her, Jade, and the shop.

Hell, not even Thorn had a clear face.

But then she knew she had to have a talk with Wade's mother. Because in some way Wade had to know. And he needed to.

But her hopes were worth something.

Oh damn, her hopes were worth it.

She should be happy. Wade knows he's a father. But when she remembers her situation. She realizes she shouldn't be celebrating. She should be doing something else.

For starters, they need to adjust. She needs to adjust. Ember needs to remember what colors feel and look like.

She can't live like this anymore.

So when she goes outside for the first time, it's heaven. The sun finally feels good against her face. And sunlight fills the streets.

And people appear. There are people. She doesn't know these people but she can see their faces.

And she lets go of her hoodie for the first time in six years. Jade has already taken hers off. And when she does it's all eyes on her.

The people in firetown look at the little girl. She's sticks out with her black shiny skin and dark purple streaks. And she feels anxious about it too.

Ember whisks her away and then goes to get what she needs. She needs those chili peppers. Jade loves them a great deal.

After getting them and trying to get rid of the town's watchful eye, Ember went back to The Fireplace. Deciding that was enough sunlight for the day.

~~~

As nighttime reached the fire woman and her obsidian child. She noticed that Jade was still up, despite it being past her bedtime.

"Jade, it's time for bed." Ember said, tired.

Jade looked from the stars at her Mother.

"No Mommy, five more minutes please." Jade pleaded.

"Jade, please. Tomorrow we have a long day ahead of us." Ember said, yawning.

"No, Mommy. I want to keep looking at Buashfa and Buashma's stars." Jade said, getting impatient as well.

"Jade, come to bed." Ember said, sounding a little more firm this time.

"No." Jade said, refusing stubbornly.

Ember almost felt herself getting purple. But she calmed down and then took a deep breath. Still being irritated.

"Jade time for bed." She instructed.

Jade turned around.

"No!" She shouted.

"Jade, so help me young lady I-"

"That was Daddy wasn't it?!"

Ember stared at her own daughter, shocked. Jade had barely ever raised her voice at her. And right now she did.

And she knew she was talking about Wade. She still loved him. No matter what lie.

She rubbed her eyes, utterly tired of the matter.