05

Sorry for not updating in a long time. I have an idea and yet I cannot bring myself to type it out sometimes. But anyways why you wait to have this little piece.

That night she watched him sleeping. Her body was pressed to him. Hours after making love.

And then he started speaking. The name she heard him speak was Ember. Sure, she knows that this was years ago. But when the water comes her way she knows. He is here. He is still here.

She still.. Ember still believes. Wade will return as long as she can keep believing she lives. Love isn't a weak sparkle it cannot die.

He will return. And she knows why.

~~~

Brook remembers when Wade was born. Little Alan said how he didn't want a little brother. But then Wade came along and he loved him instantly.

She remembers her husband's reaction.

"Another one!?"

Brook was sure he meant it in a nice way. At least with good intentions. She hoped.

She really did miss him.

She remembers when she comforted Wade in his first nightmare. How scared he was for a four year old. Or maybe he was five or six. She couldn't remember.

He was so scared.

~~~

Once more her nightmare came.

She's chasing after Jade. And they're running in Element City. And for some reason...

"Daddy."

The world seems to stop as they embrace. Wade wss hugging her daughter. And she can't do anything to stop it.

And for some reason, no one can bear the sight of a father hugging his daughter. His own blood.

They have honestly never been so bloodthirsty. This was worse than the treatment Ember ever received.

Maybe this was her greatest fear.

And their hug takes so long. Wade has just come home.

And then there's nothing she can do as Jade fades away.

"Mommy-"

But it's just a dream.

It's just a dream.

Oof. Maybe Ember's greatest fear is Wade meeting Wade. Maybe it's having Jade be taken away from her.

Or maybe it's both. 

Also, the floor seems to be made out of floor.