14

We always say that obsidians are unbreakable but I think they suffer more than us. Especially with what goes on inside.

Especially when one can't shed tears 🥺.

Tw: Miscarriage

Ember is sweating bullets right now.

She can't stop fidgeting with her hands. And she can't stop replaying the scene in her mind.

Last week when Brook took care of Jade. While they went to go and catch each other up on everything that happened.

Turns out he tried to forget her.

Oh god oh god. Keep it together...

She wants to keep it together for Jade's birthday. She has to.

She was gonna act like she didn't just sleep with Wade.

~~~

It was small. Jade has always been shy and hates attention. She just wanted cake and then she wanted to go home. So that is why it would just be her and her parents.

But she was seven now. That was something to celebrate. The whole time, while they were cutting the cake, her Mommy looked nervous. And she wasn't really looking at her Daddy.

That was a little weird.

She looked at her slice of cake and licked her lips in delight. Wanting to eat some.

As she took the first bite she hummed.

Wade stared at his daughter. His daughter.

"So. How does it feel to be seven now?" He asked, smiling as he ate his own slice.

Jade smiled.

"Good. I feel older." Jade admitted.

Ember couldn't help but bite her lip as doubts and worries kept on sweeping on her shores. She was crying more than she has. She feels like everything is crashing down. And everyone is counting on her.

Jade is counting on her.

She placed her fork down and excused herself. Needing a moment in her bedroom.

She tried to calm herself down. She feels like she can't breathe.

It's like trying to restart your heart. It's too hard.

She hasn't ever let anyone into her life. And when she did. She ended up with a child who gets made fun of for being a mixed element.

She cries more often. And it feels good. If feels great to cry.

She wipes her tears with her doubts. Why must she keep doing that?

She has to go back down there. She has to face Wade again.

~~~

No... no!

Eddy started to sob uncontrollably as she felt the murky green filthy water begin to soak the sheets.

No.... No baby Jessica.

"Alan! ALAN!"

~~~

Wade clicked his tongue as he checked and made sure Jade's shoes were correctly made.

"Who was baby Jessica?" She asked.

Wade wiped the tears off his face and focused on the question that Jade had asked.

"Oh. She's.. a baby. Of course."

"But where is she?" Jade wondered.

She gestured to the crying Ripples. But most importantly Eddy and Alan.

Wade felt himself growing numb.

"She's in the skies."

"How?" Jade asked.

Wade bit the inside of his cheek. How would he explain a miscarriage to a six-seven year old?

"She died on the way from the stork." Wade explained.

Jade let out a strained squeak. She stared at her feet and then let out a grieving click of the tongue.

"Well that's bad."