12

Let the whole world know that for the first time, Jade relaxed without being made to relax.

Poor kid. Because what good is a stressed obsidian made for stress relieving? When it's already stressed?

Ever seen an awkward family scene in real life? Well this was how Ember would feel it was going to be like.

Why did she have to say yes?

She held on tightly to her daughter's hand. Almost worried as they walked inside of the building. The Doorman recognized her even. And then widened his eyes once he laid eyes on the never-before seen obsidian child.

This wasn't the first weird look they got. In fact, they got all the looks during their walk over to Brook's place.

As they stepped foot into the elevator, Ember could feel Jade getting a little tense.

And Jade sensed it.

"I'm fine, Mommy." She said, but there was slight frustration in her voice.

Ember nodded, she was frustrated too. But she wasn't going to show it.

Jade's magmatic eyes scanned the watery building.

"Mommy, is this where Daddy lives?" She asked Ember.

Ember nodded. It was going to take a long time to get used to this. She knocked on the door and then was met with the face of Wade. Who smiled, nervous.

"Hello, Ember." He greeted.

"Hey." She smiled. Finding a little ease.

Wade turned to look at Jade. Who herself was starting to ease as well.

"Hello, Daddy." She greeted.

"Hello."

There were a few moments of tension as Wade studied Jade. And then spoke for them to come in.

Ember had been here a month ago. Now that Jade was better and eating the right water foods that she needed. She was better than before and back on her feet. Having even grown a few height inches.

They both noticed all the Ripples sitting and conversing with each other. Ember gulped as in their last meeting things hadn't gone great. Harold and Alan had been yelling at Wade, she got weird looks from both Lake and Brook. It just wasn't great.

Jade was soon distracted with Alan's three kids asking her a question. With their youngest looking at her as though she were an alien from another planet.

"Who are you?" Mika asked, curious.

"I'm Jade." Jade answered.

The twins, Marco and Polo were now eleven years old. Having been five when they first met Ember.

Wade had gotten an earful from both his siblings. Being told something they claimed "it's something you should already know."

He also got an earful from his Mother. Saying he should know better.

A/N: Well she did sign that slip so you wouldn't end up like her when she was sixteen, Wade.

But right now, all that mattered was getting to know his child. That Ember never told him of.

He sat down with his family, watching as Jade curiously looked at each and every one of them. Studying them closely.

Her magmatic eyes flew everywhere. Staring at everything from head to toe. Her eyes full of curiosity. They were.. they were so innocent and gleeful.