Chapter 11

~Yang's POV~

Blake and I were sitting in class waiting for it to start when Cardin walked in, looked at me and smiled, before going to his desk. His buddies and him kept snickering and looking at me as though they had an inside joke.

Blake was reading her book so I clenched my fists and started to stand before Blake grabbed one of my hands. My fist instantly unclenched in her hand and melted to become one with hers, which she allowed. Professor Oobleck rushed in, coffee in hand, and began teaching our history. Oobleck ran past team RWBY's desk but then rushed back, "Excuse me miss Long, and miss Belladonna." I looked up at him, as did Blake, "Yes sir?" We replied in unison, looking at each other, smiling then looking back at him. He pointed to the empty chairs I hadn't noticed and coughed, "Where are your team mates?"

I searched the crowd for Ruby, but she wasn't there. Blake searched too, but also turned up empty. Yet before I could say we didn't know Weiss burst through the door with Ruby leaning on her, soaking wet.

Cardin and his team laughed, but were silenced when I unsheathed my gauntlets. I charged , and Cardin braced, but Blake put her had right on my chest stopping me where I was. She looked at me in the eyes, "Yang no. They will be punished, don't worry about that." I calmed and went to Ruby, "Did they hurt you?" She nodded, but didn't say how they did.

"Maybe next time you won't mess with me Yang," he said smiling. I laughed, "I don't think you understand that I don't care what happened today, just realize this. When your team is in trouble, like I don't know maybe you came upon a pack of Ursa, and our team can only hear you scream. You lost an ally. We will walk away as if we saw nothing." He shrunk a little, but stood taller, "What makes you think we'll lose to an Ursa, I could take one myself." I laughed, "Cardin last time you came face to face with an Ursa Jaune saved you."

People laughed, and Cardin became red in the face. Oobleck spoke rather quickly, "Team CRDL, you need to see to professor Ozpin immediately. Right now he is expecting your arrival, and don't stray." Cardin left red faced with his team.

I helped Weiss and Blake take Ruby to the nurse, who said Ruby would be fine, but we refused to head for class without her. By last period Ruby was functional enough to leave the health center at Beacon. Ruby said, "Hey Blake, Yang. Why don't you guys head up I wana talk to Weiss." Not wanting to displease her we left hand in hand for the room.