Chapter Ten

"Hi," Harry said, his cheeks a little flushed. "Sorry, I got a little lost on the way."

"It's literally one bus, Harold," Louis said, his lips turning up in amusement.

"I know," Harry pouted a little, "I was on the right bus number, wrong direction."

"How on earth did you manage that?" Louis asked.

"I thought they only went in one direction," Harry admitted.

"God you're hopeless," Louis smirked.

"At least I got here, " Harry said.

"Mhm," Louis said. "Did you want to go out back? Everyone's out there."

Harry looked a little uncomfortable so Louis added, "Just let me know if it's too much, okay? We can always just hang out in Liam's room."

"I think I'll be fine," Harry said. His voice softened and he looked over at Louis, his eyes round under thick lashes. "I missed you," he said quietly.

"I'm right down the hall, love," Louis said gently, as though he didn't understand what Harry was talking about, when the reality was he'd spent the past week aching from the small distance from the younger boy. They weren't intentionally avoiding each other, but Louis was swamped with assignments, and Harry was focused on his essay. Louis had barely been sleeping, having to break up parties on their floor from students trying to kick off reading week early. He'd also had students coming to him stressed about midterms, wanting advice on essays, and even just wanting to talk.

Since that night the other week where Harry had wandered into Louis' room and crawled into the bed with him, Louis felt like there were magnets pressed up under his skin, tugging him toward Harry- every part of him wanted to hold him, wanted to feel the soft rise and fall of his chest, see the soft flutter of his lashes against his pale skin as he drifted off... hear the little murmurs that tumbled from his lips as he slept, slurring out senseless stories that Louis wished he could understand.

"Should we, um..." Louis gestured toward the backyard. "Did you want a drink?"

Harry nodded and Lou opened the fridge, the door clinking with the sound of bottles.

"We have beer... and," Louis turned over some of the bottles to look at the labels, "We have coolers."

"I want the orange one," Harry said, tucking his long curls behind his ear.

Louis grabbed himself a beer and then raised an eyebrow as he handed Harry his bright orange drink.

"I like the way the colour orange tastes," Harry explained as Lou passed over a bottle opener.

"You are something else," Lou murmured.

"Thanks," Harry said softly. For the first time in his life, Harry thought that actually sounded like a compliment.

Louis wrapped a hand around Harry's waist, thinking he could make it seem casual, but every part of him wanted to kiss Harry, and his eyes kept flickering to Harry's lip piercing.

"We should probably join the others," Louis said softly, his hand still on Harry's waist.

"Okay," Harry murmured, his gaze turning soft as he looked at Louis.

Louis could feel some sort of heaviness, pulling him, drawing the words away from his lungs, blurring everything until all that was left was this beautiful green eyed boy standing in Liam's kitchen with tight jeans hugging his slim thighs and a red long sleeved flannel looking comfy as fuck... looking exactly like someone Louis wanted to snuggle into, breathe in the scent of laundry soap and cologne.

Like someone Louis had waited two months to kiss.

Louis bit his lip and turned away, leading Harry outside, even though a small trivial part of him didn't want to share Harry with anyone.

Everyone looked up when Harry came out into the backyard, Liam beaming and jumping up to say hi, clearly already a little buzzed.

Harry took a spot right next to Louis on a blanket by the campfire, smiling and drinking and laughing with Louis' friends like they'd known each other since birth.

Harry's green eyes were flickering in the light of the campfire, his lip piercing glinting in the light as well, and Louis kept looking over, trying to remind himself not to stare. His skin felt warm from the campfire, warm from the drinks, warm from being so close to Harry.

Harry was laughing at something Liam had said, already on his third drink. His eyes looked a little glassy, and his skin was flushed and Louis forgot how many drinks he'd had but Harry looked so fucking good and he nudged him, his fingers pressing into the soft spot on his hips.

"I want another drink," Louis murmured. "Come to the kitchen with me?"

"Okay," Harry said smiling, and got up from the blanket, leaving his half finished drink in the grass. He followed Louis into the kitchen, and even in the well lit kitchen, his eyes were dark. He was biting his bottom lip, leaving it flushed a deep red, and then he was pressed up against the kitchen counter, with Louis' hands running up and down his sides, Lou's curvy body fitting against Harry's lanky one.

For the life of him, Louis couldn't tell who started the kiss, but their lips were pressed together and Lou's tongue was tracing alone Harry's bottom lip, along his lip ring, and Harry tasted vaguely like popsicles, his lips a little orange tinted from all the coolers. Tiny whimpers fell from his lips when Louis deepened the kiss.

Louis had one hand holding Harry's hips against his and the other tangled in Harry's long curls. He trailed his hands down the younger boy's chest as he pulled away slowly.

"Thanks," Harry whispered, once Louis had finally pulled away. His hand instinctively reached to touch his own lips, his long fingers resting on the space where Lou had been only a moment ago.

The corner of Lou's lips tugged up in a smile- no one had ever thanked him for a kiss before. "Anytime," he said gently painfully aware of how cheesy it sounded as soon as the words left his mouth.

"Okay," Harry murmured, and decided to take Louis up on his offer, pulling his curvy body back against him, tangling their lips back together again.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, I'm planning out the next part of the story, and I was wondering if you prefer shorter chapters updated more often or longer chapters once a week?

Also is there anything you want me to put into the story, any cute scene ideas or anything?

Also there's a lot more readers lately, so thanks so much to everyone who shares this on their tumblr, or adds it to a reading list, votes, or comments- I'm so glad to hear people like it so far :)