Chapter Thirty Four

"Louis! Stop stop stop!" Harry squealed, barely breathing between giggles, his legs kicking aimlessly as he tried to defend himself against Louis' tickling fingers, rolling from side to side in the grass as he swatted feebly at Louis' hands.

Someone passing by gave them a withering glare as Louis reluctantly stopped tickling Harry's ribs.

Harry giggled, and Louis looked around him, making sure the stranger had passed by and they were alone again before leaning down to kiss Harry. Harry tugged Louis down with one last breathy giggle, until Louis was laying on top of his boyfriend.

Harry's kisses were insistent, his lip piercing cool against Louis' warm lips. The younger boy moaned softly into Louis' mouth, slowly grinding his hips against Louis', his hands trailing down to tug at the older boy's jeans.

"I'm not getting you off in a public park, you psycho," Louis whispered with a laugh, kissing Harry's neck softly as the green eyed boy pouted, the ambling early spring breeze ruffling through his shoulder length curls. Louis ran his fingers through his boyfriends hair, admiring how long it had grown since Harry had cut it short in the winter.

"Mmm not crazy, Lou," Harry murmured. "Just want you... all the time," he admitted, biting his lip softly. "Pleeeease," he whined, pinching Louis' arm a bit as he waited for a response.

"Just wait until we're back in my dorm, babe. Jeez, I can't take you anywhere," Louis smirked, shaking his head a little.

And yes, they were in that stage of their relationship now, euphemistically referred to as the 'Honeymoon Phase' although Liam preferred to call it the 'I'm Scared to Leave the Room for a Minute When You Two Come Over' phase- which, alright... might be justified after what had happened last time. And the time before. But it had been a few months since their first time now, the memory softened a little, and since then Harry and Louis had slowly become HarryandLouis, inseparable and insatiable.

"Fuck off," Harry laughed. "You can take me places," he insisted. "....You could take me to a hotel," he suggested, with a shy smile.

"You wanna have a little rendezvous, hun?" Louis asked, kissing Harry's forehead.

"That'd be perfect," Harry whispered, arching his back up a little to get closer to Louis.

Louis was about to give Harry one last kiss before getting off of the ground when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket.

Harry moaned a little. "Louuuu, that's not helping my situation."

"I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude but-"

"Just bloody answer it," Harry said, laughing as Louis fumbled his phone out of his pocket and stood up to answer it.

"Hello?" he said, walking a little bit away from Harry as he talked, not out of a need to keep the younger boy from eavesdropping but as a habit of pacing when he talked on the phone.

"Hey, Louis? This is Louis right? Got the right number? It's Gemma."

"Oh, hi!" Louis said, a little caught off guard. "Did you want to talk to-" he turned around to get ready to hand off the phone to Harry, but his boyfriend was on the opposite side of the park now, on one of the swing sets, probably already bored of waiting for Louis to get off the phone.

"No no," Gemma said hastily. "I need to talk to you actually."

"Um, alright," Louis said, tugging at the hem off his shirt and brushing some of the grass off of his jeans. "What's up?"

"Harry's dad... our dad," Gemma corrected. "He..." she let out a long sigh. "He passed away."

"Sorry?" Louis said, "He what?" Louis could hear Harry's sister perfectly, the connection was fine, but he wanted her to go back and change her sentence, tell him that he'd misheard her.

"He died about a week ago," Gemma said. "The funeral already passed. Mum didn't want Harry to feel like he had to be there or miss any of his schoolwork, so she thought we'd best tell him after it'd already happened."

"Oh my God," Louis said quietly. "Oh my God. I can go get Harry, and put him on the phone for you." Louis said. "I'm really sorry for your loss," he added.

"We didn't really know our dad," Gemma said. "And no, that's the thing... I kinda wanted you to tell him."

"I don't know what to say though," Louis said. "Can you please just-"

"Look," Gemma said. "I'm not there right now. I can't be there with him when he finds out, and I know it's gonna tear him up, he needs someone to be there with him when he finds out. And I saw you two together at Christmas and I trust you, all right? Just pick a good time when he doesn't have a lot going on with school, maybe a week or so from now I think he said he didn't have any essays due... and just sit him down okay? He used to always watch Aladdin when he was sad, maybe put that on for him? Just stay with him overnight and watch him or make sure he stays with Niall overnight for a few days, alright?"

"Wait, a week from now?" Louis said. "Shouldn't I tell him now?"

"Trust me," Gemma said. "He said he had an important paper due this week. Just wait for the right timing, okay? I just need you to promise you'll be protective of him for me, alright? I can't be there so I need you to be."

"Alright," Louis said. "I'll wait for the right time." There was a small pause and Louis could hear the static crackle through the phone lines. "How did he... how did he pass on?" Louis asked.

"Harry wouldn't want to know," Gemma replied quietly.

"Okay," Louis said quietly and he could feel the whole weight of Gemma's words on him, the pressure of having to be Harry's protector... but he looked over at his boyfriend, swaying gently back and forth on the swing set with a faint smile even visible from a distance, and Louis knew he'd do anything to keep his boy happy.

Author: Lovelies, thank you for staying with the story this long, it's breaking my heart to say this but there's only a few chapters left </3 thanks for all your love and comments, I'm sad but excited to finish this story soon :)