Chapter Thirty Two

"Liam?" Louis asked, squinting his eyes open a little. He didn't remember blacking out, but he was in his friend's bed now- snuggled into a freshly washed comforter, the sunlight streaming in through the blinds. 

Liam came into the room with a large mug of coffee and some aspirin. He sat down on the edge of the bed, and handed the coffee and pills to Louis, smoothing out the blankets a little bit before looking over at Louis with a serious expression. 

"What?" Louis asked. He could finally think clearly again, his thoughts coming in nice little waves, gentle and easy to understand. He remembered the other night when his mind was a mess, flitting in and out of flashbacks and muddling what was really happening with things that had happened to him a long time ago, tangling everything through his desperate hazy panic. Thank God he felt sober now.  

"Are you okay?" Liam asked, raising his eyebrows a little in concern. 

"I'm... yeah, I'm fine," Louis said, sipping on the coffee and swallowing two pills, wincing at his splitting headache. "How's Michael?" he asked, the scene from last night coming back to him like some sort of horrifying movie he'd watched, not feeling real to him, not feeling tangible. 

"Well, from what I've been hearing this morning, there's a lot broken and there might be internal bleeding... those are the rumours anyway," Liam added. "Everyone's been texting everyone, so I don't know if it's all true but he'll be... he'll be okay after a while, it sounds like. The way he landed he didn't hit his head or damage his spine, so that's the most important thing." 

"That's good," Louis said, sipping on his coffee and waiting for Liam to say something else. He could feel it weighing in the air, pressing down on him. 

"I heard someone say you slept with Wes," Liam said. 

There it was. 

"Well you heard wrong," Louis said honestly, remembering the way his hands shook as he left the room crying. 

"So you didn't sleep with him?" Liam asked, his brows scrunched in confusion. "I know a few people said you were in a room together. Alone."

"No! Oh my God, no," Louis said. "It wasn't like that."

"Well did he-" Liam cleared his throat. "Uh, did he... touch you?"

"No," Louis said, "He didn't-"

"Kiss you?" Liam demanded. "Did he kiss you?"

"No," Louis said, "No he didn't kiss me. On the cheek I think, though." He added.

"What did he do then?" Liam asked. "Because honestly, Lou, I know you don't want me involved with your love life, but I worry, alright?"

"He touched my legs," Louis said quietly, not looking up at Liam. "And rubbed my arms and said... things to me, and touched my stomach. I just feel really gross, I feel like I cheated or something." He bit the inside of his cheek, nervously waiting for Liam to say something, expecting him to yell or tell him that he didn't deserve Harry.

He wasn't expecting him to start laughing. 

"He touched your legs?" Liam laughed. "That's not cheating, Lou. Me and Niall get more handsy just asking each other about our day."

"Well that's a whole different problem," Louis said, managing to smile a little before it faded again. "But he... he wanted to sleep with me."

"So?" Liam asked. "Trust me, Lou. As weird as it is for me to say this, a lot of guys want to sleep with you. It's not a big deal as long as you say no. I mean, the fact that you were drunk makes it an automatic no," Liam added. "But I can't get into that without wanting to individually punch every guy that's taken advantage of you being drunk to try and sleep with you-" Liam took a steadying breath, stopping himself from saying anything further.