Chapter 10

"yeah, thanks"

I quickly thanked him and stepped back noticing our close proximity.

...

Somehow we ended up walking together to Chrissa's house. To be completely honest I loved it-every single minute of it. Luci's so sweet. We talked and laughed the whole way and before I even knew it we were there. I didn't even know. I love spending time with him. I feel so comfortable around him-so natural if that makes sense? I don't have to be someone else around him unlike the others I have to talk to sometimes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to spend more time with him.

Somewhere during the conversation I felt a weird feeling in my stomach.

Butterflies is how I would describe it.

Anyway,back to the present.

We stopped in front of a large oak door. I lifted my fist to knock only to find Luci doing so before me.

In response he only smiled down at me.

We waited for what felt like a few minutes before the door pulled back with a loud creak. There stood a woman who looked to be around my age. She had short, raven hair curling inwards with bangs framing her slender face. She donned a white apron. She looked fairly pretty with a red tint to her lips and cheeks. (not as pretty as u tho reader )

First she looked at Luci with a shocked expression and gasped before curtsying.

"P-Prince Lucian, your highness, what are you doing here?" She was quite soft-spoken. Clearly she was closely related to Odette.

Though it makes me wonder what Lydia has to do with such a sweet person.

I looked up at Lucian, curious of his reaction, but he wore a straight face not reacting in the slightest.

"I'm not here for you, Y/n is" he replied coldly.

I was caught off guard. I haven't heard Luci talk in such a tone. It made me slightly question his personality. I thought he was a sweet, fluffy cinnamon roll.

Her gaze shifted from him to me, blinking twice.

"..."

"..."

(me in any conversation)

"um Lydia told me to give this to you" I pulled out the wrapped box from my basket and held it out for her to take. Swiftly, she took it and looked back at Luci once more and smiled.

"thank you Oh I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Charlise a pleasure to meet you your highness please come in and have some tea"

Not that I was staring at her but she didn't take her eyes off him once.

"No sorry we should get going."

Before I could realise he wrapped his arm around me and turned us around leading us away from the house.

"sorry about that y/n, in future I hope to be there to protect you from scums like her"

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOCATION: KINGDOM OF AREQUE

...

(???'s POV)

There they laid. The royal family of Areque. KIng and Queen Zeral and the last remaining heir, prince Zeral Areque. Their eyes glossed over and lifeless.

"Your majesty, a private message has arrived from Prince Lucian regarding his betrothal."

I turned back to look down at the still, bowing soldier in disbelief

"What the fuck?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n:

The satisfaction I feel after adding ???

I've been waiting ages