Chapter 11 - Who goes there?

(???'s POV)

"What the fuck?" Since when does he want to get married?

He's always hated the idea of love so how could this happen? Is he being forced? It's probably the Queen.

That wretched witch.

"Forgive my rudeness, your majesty but I feel that it would be best to refrain from using such foul language. Your mother would be displeased to hear such profanities."

"I'll do as I please"

With that, I walked off towards the palace doors-or what was left off it.

"Announce to the people of Areque their leader has fallen and announce my return to Trellan."

"Yes, your majesty."

(Lucian's pov)

I can't get over her. She's so fucking adorable. The way she looked at me at that lady's place. What was her name? Did she even tell me? Maybe I forgot...oh well she's irrelevant anyway compared to my radiant y/n. Her jealousy was clearly evident on her face. She's so cute.

"Prince Lucian, please focus on your work. If you continue like this, you'll find it harder when you take up more responsibilities." My wonderful rant was cut short by Ares, my royal advisor.

"Relax Ares, anyway Lucio's the one everyone should be worried about after all he's the crown prince." I'm tired of everyone coming after me...

Though, I wouldn't mind y/n coming after me-

"Lucian! Dear, where have you been? I've been looking for you!" My mother, Queen Marcella called.

She walked in adorned in an azure gown with gold embellishments.

" What do you think, my dear? Is this befitting for tonight's dinner? Or is it too less?...Its too plain isn't it? Do you think King Nolan would like it?"

"Mother, you must contain this demeanour of yours and the dress seems fit for a ball rather than dinner." I sighed. She's always tried to impress others even though she's married and abundantly wealthy. Often she turns to me for attire due to my interest in fashion. It's only a childish hobby anyway- as I've been told.

Furthermore, though the King Nolan of Jodore is of a similar nobility he's still lower than us in rank. I honestly worry that mother will pursue him due to the rumours of his beauty. It's hard to cover up her scandals from the public.

...Would y/n leave me for someone else? No, she wouldn't. She can't. I shouldn't doubt her, our bond will be forever strong.

"Stop worrying. Worry about yourself and find a good wife, my dear. The way I behave is none of your concern. I refuse to waste my life chained to just your father. He's not even that good in be-"

"OKAY Mother you can leave it at that I completely agree now go and change." I'm so glad I got her out before she ruined her image before my advisor. It was hard enough silencing the others from spreading rumours.

With that I managed to persuade her to leave. Sighing, I rubbed my temples. Looking at the stack of papers on my desk only further added to my stress. Honestly, I could be spending my time with y/n right now instead of selectively approving ordinances. Hopefully, I can convince Lucio to return and pile this up on him so I can work on making my love fall for me.

I do hope she loves me back, I don't know what I'd do without her. Since I met her she's been the centre of my universe. I just want to walk down the aisle with her already but I mustn't come off too brash.

Just then a knock resonated from the door.

"The royal butler, your majesty" After I approved his entrance he walked in and bowed with a letter in his gloved hand.

"A letter ,sire, from Prince Lucio Belmont Trellan. His majesty shall return to Trellan shortly following the conquest of Areque."

I dismissed him feeling a weight lift off my shoulders, now he can take over his duties and I can go back to y/n. After all, I've been stuck behind these palace walls for far too long, my princess must be waiting.

                                Oh, I can't wait to introduce my queen to Lucio.