𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕, 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐃

I WAS IN THAT ROOM FOR ALMOST TWELVE HOURS BEFORE WE GOT THE CLEAR TO LEAVE

I didn't know what was said or if it really mattered what got discussed in the other room. Aro was home, and I would finally get to say hello to him. We'd been apart for less than two weeks but knowing that he was home I felt something fill that I didn't know was empty inside of me.

The room was tense when I showed up. My own arms had a tremor, the anticipation getting to me. I really wished that part of me could have escaped when I became a vampire.

"River," Aro greeted, immediately leaving his chair to embrace me into his arms. "I have missed you so."

"I've missed you too," I whispered. If only he hadn't come back in such a bad way. He should have come back when he was supposed to. Things were left unfinished in Forks. "Is everything alright in the castle again? Did you guys find Chrissy? He's out of Volterra, right?"

The barge of questions flooded out of my mouth faster than I could think about what I was asking. Oh, fuck it, I was asking what I needed to ask. For my peace of mind and for my safety. I needed that fucker out of my life and I had to know if Chrissy was safe. She had to be safe. Even if she never wanted to talk to me again, I wanted her happy and healthy.

Aro stiffened slightly and I felt him look over at Caius and Marcus, who shook their heads.

"We are trying to find Chrissy's location. The bonds indicate that they are no longer at the same place. She may have escaped him," Marcus explained. "Yet, that is only a theory. We not have any confirmation on that front. I must ask, are you alright, my dear?"

Marcus and I hadn't had much in the way of conversation since he walked in on the morning after between Caius and I, which Aro may have figured out about already. There was an air of tension there, but I hoped that it would resolve on its own after a while. Marcus only wants to protect me, it's only reasonable that in his attempts to do so he messes up along the way.

Just like I would mess up with him a few times. That's whta happens in relationships.

"I'm doing better now. Is he away from the city?" Marcus nodded and I pulled my arms away from Aro. "Then I will be alright. In time. I just need to figure out where she is, to make sure she is safe and not hurting."

The pause that followed hurt a bit. I knew that they had to make sure that she didn't spill the secret, but at this rate nobody would believe her. Making an escape from a madman, she wouldn't put herself in danger by leaking the story now. She would only do that if she were completely safe.

Chrissy wouldn't threaten to leak everything unless he was dead.

From the sound of it, he's alive, but away from her.

"Is there anyone who could track her?" I asked. "There has to be someone who could find her. Her scent is everywhere in that room. Have a guard hunt her down like a dog on a trail."