𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗, 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄

LUNA FUCKING HATED THAT SHE'D BEEN CONVINCED TO GO ON THIS GOOSE CHASE FOR VICTORIA'S MAD NEWBORN ARMY

Caius had hinted at a promotion for the past three years. Or really, ever since Y2K. Luna had put in so much effort, but this was the final nail in the coffin that would establish her as an asset for the guard.

Too many people had been made into vampires, and these Newborns had a goal that went against what Aro wanted for Forks. He did not want to deal with the political headache that Isabella Swan's death would create. Damn if he hated her, Carlisle may never forgive him, Edward would kill himself, and the vampire world would feel the rift between the former lovers turned friends.

The woman was really working for her bosses and Coven Masters to get these guys under wraps. Alec had been able to incapacitate the ones that seemed to be decent people, the ones that Luna sensed had some good that could be allowed to live.

Damn though, these guys were hard to manage.

Even with the help of the newly found species of wolves, Luna was having to watch her back for Newborns. So many of them could simply tear off their heads. A few of them had made torches, she could see that one had a lighter that could easily turn deadly if they realized how quickly a vampire's body burned.

There's a reason why the people used torches in their witch hunts, and it wasn't for the witches. Humans used to know that vampires burned quickly. Every culture had their own way of getting a vampire down, but each and every one held fire in regard. Some old cultures even believed that vampires themselves were witches or demons.

Well, with their gifts, Luna couldn't exactly blame them for coming to that conclusion.

"HOW MANY OF THEM ARE LEFT?" Jane yelled from an unknown part of the forest.

"AROUND FIVE!" Alec yelled back, throwing a body over to Felix, who had a lighter of his own. "This one is mean."

"A bad person Alec, not just mean," Felix grumbled as he set the body on fire. He had to be so careful to not set himself or the trees around them on fire. The last thing they wanted was the American Government asking questions in Forks about how a fire started when it wasn't even that hot out.

Luna took a double take as a Newborn began charging directly at her. Swiftly she jumped up, making the idiotic young man run directly into a tree. Due to his strength and stance, the entire tree was coming down fast. A tree that must have been around for at least a century was coming down fast.

"ALEC, WATCH OUT!" Luna screamed out as the young boy was almost crushed by the ancient tree. "GODDAMN IT WHY ARE THEY SO FUCKING STUPID?"

She knew the answer to that question, but she was too annoyed to sarcastically say what she wanted to. They'd been at this for over three hours, working within the heavy forest to take down each vampire that Victoria had created, which was more than they'd realized. Seattle wasn't joking when they complained about the growing number of murders in the inner city. These guys were bloodthirsty and fast. Stronger than most Newborns then she'd been up against.