𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈, 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍

MY COLLECTIVE PLANS WERE CENTERED NIGHT BY NIGHT

They'd been like that for a while. Each day I wondered what I'd do in the evening if only because vampires can go outside at night now. From what I'd learned the Volturi tried to stay inside with the blinds up during the day so humans passing by the Clock Tower didn't believe that something... odd was happening.

It worked in my favor often, this schedule, but now I had been given a task that filled me with serious anxiety and fear.

I was horrible at discussions around me perhaps doing something wrong. Although in this case I believed that miscommunication was the cause of the fuss. Marcus and I would be back on track after this, after we figured out what was going on.

The problem was that I was the one who was being forced to broach the subject with him. Since Aro had brought it up and I'd agreed to a time, I wondered if there was a way to get out of it. My discomfort around the feelings that came up when I thought of this confrontation of Marcus and what had been going on between us was apparent.

It was obvious why I felt this way. God, it was the past eating me alive again as I paced around in my room. What would I be doing next? Well, I'd be going to his room, where I knew he was by the loud clicking of his keys on his desktop computer. The only comfort I had here was that it wouldn't be outside, in public, where anyone and everyone would hear the two of us discussing our relationship and what wasn't going on.

Marcus believed I was ignoring him, but that just wasn't the case. I wouldn't ignore him. The fact that so much had happened was what kept me from him, the sheer amount of effort I'd put into other things. It wasn't ignoring.

To ignore him meant he did something wrong. He didn't, or at least I didn't think he did. Unless I was getting something wrong.

I had to drag myself from my rooms, noting the amount of guards in my hallway had increased from the days prior. I guess now they were deciding that since one threat had been evaded, they could place all of their focus on the Clock Tower and the important people inside running the government.

Marcus' room was quite close to Caius'. It was near most of the important areas of the multi-story building. The library was only a few meters down and to the right, with at least two offices being in the same corridor. Only now did I realize the layout of this place was made on a whim, when they needed more space they just built onto what was already there. This couldn't have been the first rendition of the building.

Despite me not wanting to go into the room for the sake of my anxiety, I knocked on the door to Marcus' room, waiting patiently for his response. He came quick to the door, looking quite exhausted (or as much as a vampire could be- his face looked a bit droopy from my angle).