twelve

I sat beside Chenle who was driving. I looked to the other direction. He took few glances of me I could see.

"Guys what about the prom. Did you find you partners?."

Why is she so obsessed about prom. I rolled my eyes and keep mum.

"That a week away right." Hyunsuk replies.

"Yes. Have you guys chose your partners."

"Nah." Chenle replies.

"Come on guys. And Chenle, it's held by your mom you should be the best dressed."

"I know. I will see it when time comes. Why to keep thinking about it when the time haven't even come."

Chenle stole my words. Thank you for showing her the mirror.

"But we should plan it prior so it works as our expectations."

Sometimes nothing happens as we expect. I had to interrupt too.

"It's just a week away. You guys should too start searching for your partners."

"There you go again Bomi." Chenle interrupts.

"It's easy for you. You don't have to find any partner you have my cousin."

"I'm planning to make excuses. I'm not attending it this time. I'm done with it."

"But Chenle. What excuse will you give to your mom. Like every year, she is arranging it and you are her son. You have to be present." Heeseung broke his silence.

"You shouldn't lie to aunty. You must not hurt her." He adds.

"Mom's son I'm so sorry but I had enough."

Looks like Heeseung loves his mom so much? The way he is pushing Chenle to not hurt his mom.

"Here you guys." Chenle stopped his car over our mansion.

"Why don't you guys come over for dinner?." Bomi insisted.

"Thank you. But we didn't inform at our home, so maybe next time." Hyunsuk says.

"Yes he is right. I'd gotta inform mom first."

"Okay guys. Hope we'll plan a nice trip next time!."

I wanna crash on bed and sleep like a dog.

"Are you so tired Hayoon?."

Yes.

"Aren't you hungry?."

No. At the moment all I need is sleep. I walk away to my room and land on my bed. And just closed my eyes when I heard Bomi.

"Hayoon. Do you like Hyunsuk?."

And what makes you think that?.

"The way you both sticked together."

I already clarified it Bomi. We are good friends.

"Oh."

"Is there someone you like?."

I sighed and let it out because I knew I could trust her.

I like... Heeseung.

"What?. Really?."

Yes. It's been 3 years.

"And why are you telling me this now?. You kept it to yourself since three years?."

I just couldn't tell anyone. Not even Saejin or Dohyeon. Only Hyunsuk knows.

"Damn. What about Chenle?."

How can I tell him that I like his best friend?. Have you gone nuts.

"No I mean. You could have tried. There would be two responses. Either he would get jealous or help you."

He would do none and laugh it off. Moreover he would blackmail me that he will tell it to Grandpa. And you know Grandpa very well. He is very serious about mine and Chenle's relationship. He wants us to always be together.

"Damn yes."

I sigh again and lay in my bed.

What about your ex?. Do you still like him.

"Who me? Nah."

Bomi, as far as I know you loved him till death. I can't believe how you moved on.

"I had to Hayoon. I can't live in the past."

You're right though.

"Don't worry I will root for you guys."

Thank you so much.

"You ain't coming down for dinner?."

In no mood.

"Okay bub. Good night."

Will she keep my secret or spill it out?. Will I ever get a chance to tell how I feel to about him to Heeseung?. Will he ever like me back in this life?. I was surrounded by all these thoughts and then I dozed off.

"Hayoon... Hayoon-ah." I opened my eyes somehow. Seeing a blurry vision I rubbed my eyes.

"You will be late. Get up."

Bomi. I won't be able to go today.

"Why what's the matter?." She comes closer and checks my temperature.

"You are burning hot. You need to rest. Sleep."

Thanks.

I think I should get up and walk a bit instead of lazily laying down in my bed.

"Hayoon."

Oh good morning Grandpa.

"How are you feeling now?. Go rest."

I'm feeling little better don't worry Grandpa.

"Your dad use to worry so much about you. He used to stay up late nights those days when you had fever."

How can I forget that Grandpa.

"You grew up in a blink of an eye. Soon you will get married. I want you to always be happy. And be a well mannered girl."

Grandpa you're talking as if I'm going tomorrow.

"No my child. You need to learn in order to execute."

I know Grandpa.

"I know you will never disobey me."

I remained quiet.

"Chenle will keep you happy. If he doesn't I will drag him to hell."

"Now go and rest."

I sighed. He has so many hopes from me but little does he Chenle and I hate each other we can't stay happy together, never.

I need to confess before it's too late. Yes, Hong Hayoon you gotta do it at the earliest and it is tomorrow.

What will I gift him with letter? He hates sweet so I can't give him chocolate. Argh this is so hard.