fourteen

I need a shoulder to cry on. But Saejin ain't here. Nor Hyunsuk, and I won't be able to attend any classes, I would require two to three days atleast. I try to sneak out of the school.

<>
"Hayoon. Open the door." Bomi knocks with all her force.

"Hayoon open it before Grandpa comes upstairs. I told him I will manage it."

"What has happened to you?." She raised her voice.

Bomi first close the door. Please.

"Hayoon what have you done to yourself?. Look at you. What the fuck has happened?. It's been two days, you don't eat your meals properly, you don't talk much, you isolate yourself in your room. What in the world has happened?."

Bomi-yah. Bomi. I cry.

"Your eyes are puffy. And those dark circles. Did you not sleep?."

"Let it out Hayoon."

I confessed and he rejected me. On my face, straightaway. I grab my head and fall down on the floor.

"Lee Heeseung?."

Who else?.

"So that's why you're being like this?."

He said he has a girlfriend. It pained me more.

"The world didn't stop right?. He just rejected you. Forget him."

It's not that easy for me.

"Hayoon you have to get a hold of yourself if you don't want Grandpa to know."

Bomi, he said he dislikes me. Am I that ugly?.

"Who said that?."

I don't know what he dislikes about me. But I'm ready to change everything for his sake.

"Shut up. You don't have to."

"Go wash your face and have some food."

<Next day >
Grandpa can you please tell someone to drop me to the school?.

"Sure honey. The car is always ready to take you two to the school. But wasn't it you who insisted walking?."

I just feel like using the resources.

"You are always told to. You are the daughter of the Hong's."

Bye Grandpa.

"Madam Hayoon. Madam Hayoon." The driver called and I was engrossed in my own thoughts.

Yes.

"Please get in you are getting late."

Okay.

"Shall I come to pick you up?."

No. I will call if I need that.

"Okay Madam."

My legs hesistated to move.

"Madam. Shall I escort you to the class?."

No. It's okay, I'll go.

I look nowhere and walk to my class. On the way I hear girls gossiping again.

"Hey. Hong Hayoon. I heard something about you."

What?.

"You asked Heeseung out and got rejected on the spot." All of them laugh.

So?.

"Not only that you keep hitting on Hyunsuk. You are way too clingy with him."

He is my friend.

"Don't act innocent."

"This girl is actually trying to get all the E3 attention. She is already Chenle's so called fiance whom he hates. Now she is getting close to Hyunsuk. So why leave Heeseung?. But poor girl got rejected." They laugh like maniac.

Keep talking. I say walking away but they grab my hair and push me down.

"That's your place whore."

"Be in your limits. And don't chase our guys."

What makes you think you guys have a right on them?.

"The same that makes you think you can three time."

I'm not characterless like you girls. Moreover I only liked Heeseung. Other two are my good friends, so shut your damned mouths you have no right to go on ordering me whatever you want.
I get up, fix my skirt, grab my bag and walk away.

I handled it all because I'm not a weak female lead who needs help. Nor I have my male lead to rescue me at any situation. I do feel like crying because all these things are happening to me just because I confessed my feelings to a guy...

"Hayoon-ah." Saejin runs towards my direction.

I hug her tightly and start crying the next moment.

"Hayoon-ah."

Saejin-ah. Don't leave me ever again. I missed you like so much. I quavered.

"Hayoon-ah I heard everything are you alright?."

No.
I cry even more.

"It's okay Hayoon-ah. I'm here so it will be okay."

Saejin-ah never leave me alone again. I might die.

"Shut up. What are you saying?."

"Hayoon. Are you okay?." Dohyeon appears.

"Dumbo. Does she look okay to you?."

"Here. Your favorite strawberry milk." Dohyeon hands it to me.

"Hayoon-ah cheer up."

The only thing I can do now. I sigh and walk to my class.

All the eyes are on me. They keep gossiping and I shut my ears by my hands. I look around and find Chenle nowhere. I'm glad he didn't come today. He would have teased me or fought with me for liking his friend.

"Hey Hayoon can you teach me. How to put an innocent face and be cunning bitch at the same time?." Another girl appears on my desk.

"Don't bother her." Hyunsuk says as he walks towards my desk.

"Let's go out for a bit?." He suggests.

"So. You finally did it."

Yes. I must be crazy. I didn't think about it.

"It's fine. It's not that you could wait more. You waited enough."

But still. It hurts me more now. It was better off keeping it to myself.

"Come on Hayoon. It's not like you knew what his answer will be. You just did what you had to."

I regret it all Hyunsuk-ah.

"You shouldn't. You would have regretted if you didn't tell him. Trust me."

You're right.

"So smile now. Don't worry about anything."