forty one

It was a normal day in school until these people started to get on my nerves.

"Hayoon. I heard you fought with Chenle. Well he was right, you shouldn't had kissed his best friend."

"Why are you even talking to her, she's just a pick me who wants all the E3' attention."

"You're right, all of them."

Are you people so damn jobless? Or wait you're just jealous because you guys can't even come near to them?.

"Why would you kiss Heeseung even if he rejected you?."

You guys can talk shit it doesn't matter to me.

"Girl, you're too desperate to get into his pants."

You're just jealous because none of them even look in your direction.

"You guys shut up before I slap the shit out of you. Stop troubling my best friend." Saejin barged in.

Saejin, there's no point arguing with these people they'll never change.

"That's why I'm using physical power Hayoon. I'm gonna punch the shit out of these bitches."

I get up and simply walk away.

Me and Chenle haven't talked since weeks and it's nothing new. I'm not going to initiate anything until he realises his mistakes.

"Hayoon."

Oh Heeseung. It's odd since he never called my name and now he started calling me by my name.

"Haerin thanked you for those stuffs you sent yesterday."

Oh I'm glad.

"She told me to buy you something."

It's okay, no need. That was out of love.

"And this is too. She too wants to give you something out of love."

It's okay Heeseung. Don't spend your pocket money.

"She'll fight with me."

Just tell her you gave me something.

"I don't lie."

Then, I don't need anything but...grant me a wish, I'll redeem it anytime.

"Granted."

So we're done.

"The thing, can I know why your grandpa is strict towards you. Only if you don't mind sharing it with me."

I'm fine sharing it with close friends.

Let's sit over there. I pointed out the bench to him.

So the thing is...my grandpa hates love marriage, there is a specific reason behind that. My mom and dad had love marriage, my grandpa was against it but my dad somehow convinced him because he loved my mom very much. And they did get married then they had me, their only daughter, my mom always hated me being born. Little did my dad knew that the woman he loves will be the reason of his misery?. My mom had an affair with another man and my grandpa got to know about it.

She didn't quit though, she kept meeting that man even after my dad came to know about it, she didn't feel an inch of shame, he madly loved her, he thought she will understand one day but he was wrong. She is an evil woman. I heard the man she had an affair with was also married and had one kid. I don't know what but I loathed her very much, my dad  waited and waited for her, but she never changed, one day she ran out with that man and never looked back. My dad fell ill yet he waited that she would atleast come and look at his condition but oh, he was wrong.

She never looked back ever since that day. And my dad...

"Hayoon. It's okay don't go any further."

My dad left us. The reason for his death is that evil woman whom I will never forgive in my entire life. My grandpa promised my dad on his death bed that he will always look after me. He told him, that he won't let the same thing happen to him.

Somewhere he fears what if me too?. Or like someone will ditch me too. The only thing to prevent this is from getting me married to his choice of guy. He is strict towards me because he doesn't wants the same thing to be repeated...

"So that's why he is against you having guy friends."

He is against me having any sort of male interaction, except Chenle. And he knows about Dohyeon because we're friends since a long time. These two are the only exceptions.

"He doesn't even know about you being friends with Hyunsuk?."

No. I can't tell him, nor I want to lose a friend like him.

"What about me?."

He did knew you dated Bomi. That's it.

"About us being friends?."

Obviously not.

"So he is okay with Bomi doing anything but not you?."

Yes, that's how my life is. And you too know damn well how me and Chenle hate each other.

"Yeah I do, but try once atleast."

It won't work Heeseung.

You know what, I'm thinking of finding another guy and sticking to him till a long time that I can convince my grandpa somehow and also because I want to break off from this stupid engagement.

"Will your grandpa accept that guy?".

That's the challenge and I accept it. But for that I have to find a guy, by any means, I'll try everything.

"Anything?."

Example going to blind dates, going to clubs.

"You hate clubs like me don't you?."

You too hate it but you went for Bomi right?. I too have my reason to go.

"Okay... I'm with you in this. I'm gonna help you find a guy."

Really?.

"Yes, mark my words."

Heeseung I can't believe my ears. I pinch his cheeks and he stares coldly at me.

You're cute haha.

"So what's the name of this mission?."

Mission free myself?. Yes.